rebello_xo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have already completed a BTEC in Law L3 at a D* grade (equivalent to 1 A level) and I am currently completing a L3 BTEC in Business and am predicted to achieve D*, D*, D*. Do you think i'm likely to receive offers from Warwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and QMUL? I don't know if they'll take BTEC as seriously as A level.....
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If its given as an entry requirement by that Uni then yes, its taken seriously and you wont be 2nd choice because you are not taking A levels.
For Law, subjects are not important - its the high grades that matter. So getting D*s for BTEC is just as good as high grades at A level.

PS> Bristol also accepts BTEC Extended Diploma or A level/BTEC combos for LLB Law.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rebello_xo)
I have already completed a BTEC in Law L3 at a D* grade (equivalent to 1 A level) and I am currently completing a L3 BTEC in Business and am predicted to achieve D*, D*, D*. Do you think i'm likely to receive offers from Warwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and QMUL? I don't know if they'll take BTEC as seriously as A level.....
You need to check the entrance requirements as to whether they accept BTEC. I cant see either way for Warwick. At a guess id say the others are fine. Your grades are easily high enough and as long as the rest of your app is good then I would be optimistic.

For Manchester it says Humanities based BTEC DDD so you wll need to contact them.

Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
We consider the National Extended Diploma for entry provided it is in a Humanities based subject. Entry requirements are based on achievement of the full National Extended Diploma with grades Distinction, Distinction, Distinction .

You can check the other three yourself. If the details arent on the page, then you need to contact them. They might be open minded considering the subject isnt that far off and your high predicteds. O'd think the other three will be less fussy. It will take you 10-15 mins to check.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads