xameliex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need help I am constantly worrying about having cancer, it is the only thing being in my mind and I can’t help thinking about it, every little sign I have, any ruby change in ny body I constantly assume it’s cancer related, I have a small painless hard lump on the bottom of my toe and can’t stop crying, I’ve booked an appointment but I need help to stop worrying
ambershell27
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, you've got an irrational worry. Can you do something about the problem? Yes, you've booked an appointment. Otherwise, no. If it's checked in the early stages, cancer can very much be cured. But ultimately, there's nothing you yourself can do. Just try not to overthink.
Vindaloovians
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like anxiety. You should talk to your doctor about it in the appointment!
georgem93
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xameliex)
I need help I am constantly worrying about having cancer, it is the only thing being in my mind and I can’t help thinking about it, every little sign I have, any ruby change in ny body I constantly assume it’s cancer related, I have a small painless hard lump on the bottom of my toe and can’t stop crying, I’ve booked an appointment but I need help to stop worrying
As a cancer biologist I can say that cancer in young adults is pretty rare. It sounds like you have health anxiety but I'm not a psychiatrist. When you go to see the GP mention it.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I suffer from OCD and one of my obsession is the fear of having cancer and I constantly check my body all over for lumps, often to the point that my skin becomes red and bruised. It took me a while to realise that normal lumps and bumps in my body were not the problem, it was my anxiety issues that were the problem.

See your GP as soon as you can and they will listen to your fears and offer you some help with your health anxiety either with meds, therapy and/or self help. There are some great websites and forums out there dedicated to anxiety problems. You're not alone in feeling like this but you have to nip it on the bud before it takes over your full life like it did with me.
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it is cancer, I'm right here to offer you any emotional support. :console:
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I take one or two apricot kernels a day, they taste like aniseed which is a tiny amount of cyanide which which kills cancerous cells.

Other ideas here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed