The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into LSE law?

are my grades good enough?
GCSE: 2A*-1A-3B-2C-1D-1F
I got a D in math and retook it and got a B.
For maths and ICT ( the F) I had extenuating circumstances.
IB diploma: 42 points with 766 at HL. - LSE requires 38 with 766
is my academic ' achievement' alone worthy of getting into LSE?
I have work experience and extracurriculars, however, I am really anxious about my GCSE grades.
Any opinions?

EDIT:-since LSE doesn't require LNAT if I took it and received a high score will they take that into consideration?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by FaisalIB2019
are my grades good enough?
GCSE: 2A*-1A-3B-2C-1D-1F
I got a D in math and retook it and got a B.
For maths and ICT ( the F) I had extenuating circumstances.
IB diploma: 42 points with 766 at HL. - LSE requires 38 with 766
is my academic ' achievement' alone worthy of getting into LSE?
I have work experience and extracurriculars, however, I am really anxious about my GCSE grades.
Any opinions?

No.
They look at the whole application. there will be other people who have what you have.

Not many people will be certain of getting an offer.

Your GCSE are a weakness, but you could confirm that with them plus if you have ec and your IB make up for it. The info is on the website.

If you have taken GCSEs or equivalent qualifications, these will be taken into account when we assess your application.

All applicants are expected to have at least grade B in GCSE English Language and Mathematics or the equivalent, although exceptions are made for applicants with extenuating circumstances.

As competition for places at LSE is intense, we look for applicants who have achieved highly at GCSE (multiple A or A* grades), particularly within the context of their school.
does a severe lack of teachers and lessons count as ES ( my school is kinda crap) and being diagnosed with anxiety during the GCSE time period? I was really de-motivated and struggled to push through exams.
Original post by 999tigger
No.
They look at the whole application. there will be other people who have what you have.

Not many people will be certain of getting an offer.

Your GCSE are a weakness, but you could confirm that with them plus if you have ec and your IB make up for it. The info is on the website.

If you have taken GCSEs or equivalent qualifications, these will be taken into account when we assess your application.

All applicants are expected to have at least grade B in GCSE English Language and Mathematics or the equivalent, although exceptions are made for applicants with extenuating circumstances.

As competition for places at LSE is intense, we look for applicants who have achieved highly at GCSE (multiple A or A* grades), particularly within the context of their school.
My friend got into LSE with 3A* 3A 2B and a C but got A*AA in a levels
I'm really focusing on extracurriculars, work experience and IB to make up for my **** GCSE grades. I heard that law at LSE and law at all schools want high English grades at GCSE. I got A in English language and A* in literature. Is this true or just BS?
OH and they're predicted grades.
I'm really focusing on extracurriculars, work experience and IB to make up for my **** GCSE grades. I heard that law at LSE and law at all schools want high English grades at GCSE. I got A in English language and A* in literature. Is this true or just BS?
does a severe lack of teachers and lessons count as ES ( my school is kinda crap) and being diagnosed with anxiety during the GCSE time period? I was really de-motivated and struggled to push through exams.

As pointed out theres a big difference between predicted and achieved.
You cant change GCSE.

They look at the whole application.

They may take into account contextual grades.. I wouldnt overplay it though. Maybe if the OFSTED report had it in special measures etc.

The anxiety would have to be sever and medically diagnosed.

Talk to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending