Good books for AQA AS Biology/Chemistry-A/A*

Watch this thread
username3658760
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I searching in Amazon for good books for bio and chem for an A/A*. What specific textbooks/student books/revision guides do you recommend- can CGP get you an A* or A?
Thanks
Ddraigdwr2
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
In my experience, the CGP revision guides don't go into enough detail to get the top grades, and my teacher agrees with me in this. I used the AQA Biology 2nd Edition A level textbook by Clenn Toole and Susan Toole to make revision notes and materials from, and I achieved an A* in my year 12 mock. Would definitely recommend this book, although I think it costs around £40. Hope this helps and good luck
username3673848
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Go for textbooks. They are expensive - but that’s for a good reason as they go into lots of useful information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (37)
35.58%
The paper was reasonable (40)
38.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
16.35%
It was TERRIBLE (10)
9.62%

Watched Threads