The Student Room Group

Single as **** -- ama

Go ahead
Do you see yourself being single as a bad thing?
I'm of the female gender and 17 years of age. I'm not ashamed to say I'm single and still a virgin. I was in a relationship that was emotionally hell bent and at the moment, I'm learning to love myself. Initially, before I got involved in a relationship, my biggest fear was being alone and feeling isolated. After the relationship, I had an epiphany that being emotionally reliant on others isn’t always the best choice. But with a controversial view, I can note that I shouldn’t always be afraid to take a risk in love when it comes my way and should freely embrace what approaches me. Although, fortunately right now I’m content with being independent so if you’re currently on a trail of thought of being nervous about being single. I don’t see being single as bad, because it gives me an opportunity to indulge in my options. However, a social opinion I am aware of is that relationships give you this socially elite status because of your emotional commitment to someone. Don’t feel crushed by it, you don’t always have to have your peaks in life with others. Try staying alone for a while and seeing what you can achieve as an individual. Just have faith in what will be, as will I.
If I said to you "take off your jacket"
What would you say?
Original post by lionawilliams
I'm of the female gender and 17 years of age. I'm not ashamed to say I'm single and still a virgin. I was in a relationship that was emotionally hell bent and at the moment, I'm learning to love myself. Initially, before I got involved in a relationship, my biggest fear was being alone and feeling isolated. After the relationship, I had an epiphany that being emotionally reliant on others isn’t always the best choice. But with a controversial view, I can note that I shouldn’t always be afraid to take a risk in love when it comes my way and should freely embrace what approaches me. Although, fortunately right now I’m content with being independent so if you’re currently on a trail of thought of being nervous about being single. I don’t see being single as bad, because it gives me an opportunity to indulge in my options. However, a social opinion I am aware of is that relationships give you this socially elite status because of your emotional commitment to someone. Don’t feel crushed by it, you don’t always have to have your peaks in life with others. Try staying alone for a while and seeing what you can achieve as an individual. Just have faith in what will be, as will I.

You're young you're still learning, being single at 17 isn't bad
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Boy or girl? How old?

Boy 17
Original post by gagging creampie
if i said to you "take off your jacket"
what would you say?

mans not hot
Reply 7
Do you see yourself being single as a bad thing?

Yess. I was in a relationship and I loved it
Reply 8

Yeahh I get that work on being a better version of myself. I getchu

mans not hot

this isn’t even your thread.

Heyy she can reply if she wants to :smile:

So? I'm going to respond, because I assumed it was directed at the whole group involved in this thread. Also, my apologies Anonymous #1 for stealing the spotlight.
Attachment not found

Maybe you could add an attachment of a picture of yourself. Here is a picture of me, I'm also 17 and single. I've had one girfirend before called Alice but she turned out to be a figment of my imagination.
(edited 6 years ago)
Boy 17

Do you mind being single?
Original post by Bham369
Do you mind being single?

Well I'd prefer to be in a relationship I guess

Hm OK...