Applying to a university a few days before deadline

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have currently applied to 3 universities (one of them being oxford) and now i have 2 more spaces to choose.
I was considering applying to imperial as well, but decided that it was too risky and that i should stick with safer options.

I recently found out that oxford give offers/rejections around the 10th or 11th of January ( a few days before the ucas deadline).
Im now contemplating whether i should use my last 2 choices and apply now to the safer unis, or if I should wait until Oxford reply, as a rejection/offer will change which unis i apply to.

If anyone could give any advice it would be much appreciated as I am slightly worried that applying to the 2 unis a couple days before the deadline may lower my chances slightly.
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you dont play it risky , would you regret it later ? Bear in mind places like imperial dont usually go to clearing for popular courses ; safe options however would be
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed