Benzyol peroxide for acne/hyperpigmentation?

Watch
username3279922
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone had any experiences using 5% benzyol peroxide for their acne/ scarring?
How many weeks until you started noticing some improvement? Thanks
ffff009123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, I use this cream and it does help. But for improvement you must also use this together with moisturizer and remember not to touch your face, pop pimples and drink a lot of water.
username3279922
Rep:
?
(Original post by danvista2984)
Hello, I use this cream and it does help. But for improvement you must also use this together with moisturizer and remember not to touch your face, pop pimples and drink a lot of water.
Thanks
Jwis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
don't listen to danvista2984

Yes I agree that you should use with a moisturiser for it to be effective. But drinking water won't help or cure acne and it's not proven, but it's good to stay hydrated anyway.
Don't pop pimples at all. That's how you get scars and they're much harder to get rid of and you're transferring the bacteria from your hands on to your face.
username3279922
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jwis)
don't listen to danvista2984

Yes I agree that you should use with a moisturiser for it to be effective. But drinking water won't help or cure acne and it's not proven, but it's good to stay hydrated anyway.
Don't pop pimples at all. That's how you get scars and they're much harder to get rid of and you're transferring the bacteria from your hands on to your face.
I will have to start using moisturiser then lol
Thanks for your advice
Unconventional.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately it's never really helped my acne because I have to use so little so as to avoid an eczema flare-up. I hope it works for you. Make sure you use sunscreen because it makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight, and also make sure to keep your skin moisturised as it can make your skin dry/itchy/irritated.
username3279922
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unconventional.)
Unfortunately it's never really helped my acne because I have to use so little so as to avoid an eczema flare-up. I hope it works for you. Make sure you use sunscreen because it makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight, and also make sure to keep your skin moisturised as it can make your skin dry/itchy/irritated.
Thank you for your advice I've been using it for about a month and I haven't noticed any changes but strangely it hasn't made my eczema flare up (yet)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.71%

Watched Threads