The Student Room Group

Nipple Piercings

I am male, 20 years old and I am thinking about getting my nipples pierced. Any other guys had this done? What is the pain like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matt999_
I am male, 20 years old and I am thinking about getting my nipples pierced. Any other guys had this done? What is the pain like?

Sorry to rain on your parade but nipple piercings look bad enough on women. I also imagine it'd be very painful.
Reply 2
I can't imagine getting any part of my body pierced :eek: the thought terrifys me :unsure:
Reply 3
My ex had hers done and she reckoned it wasn't painful at all when it got done, and mild/irritating pain in the healing period.

I'm looking at getting both of mine done in April (ish) I presume it is going to be somewhat painful due to the sensitivity of nipples, but it will obviously go away soon enough. You should totally get them done if you want to! I'm sure it will look cool!
Reply 5
I would be terrified of snagging them on clothing! *shiver*
Are you getting them for kinky bedroom reasons or something?
Reply 6
Do it! ! !!!! Looks awesome, pain is quick and not so bad :bigsmile:
Not a good idea.
Reply 8
I personally wouldn’t as a women, I know that breasts become very sensitive, particularly during certain times of the month... having said that, I don’t know if men go through the same soreness that we have to... as well as this, wouldn’t it make you look like you were cold all the time? And it could catch on clothes, which could also rip off! That would hurt a lot! Also, from a looks opinion, I don’t like the look of it and it would put me off someone... but it is your decision, and I hope you make the right one for you... if you do go through with it, I suggest getting some ice packs ready to cool the areas down! 😁

do it itll be hot
I highly recommend you this seriously considering a nipple piercing. The pain's worth it.
Why stop there? Why don't you give yourself a Prince Albert too...

after having a multitude of piercings, nipples are my favourite.
ESPECIALLY when your bored and need something to do
my mate once twirled me around by grappling both my nips, no regrets.

I got mine done a few years back. It did hurt but not at all afterwards. The healing process was pretty long but there wasn't really any pain :smile:
Reply 14
I’m female and have my nipples pierced , obviously I can’t speak for what you’ll feel; but the pain was totally tolerable - I think it’s more the adrenaline and build up of getting it , but the actual pain when getting it pierced is fine - if you have any other piercing experience I’d probably say it’s about the same as a cartilage piercing . The aftercare and healing are a little bit of a pain, but it looks good and it will be so worth it :smile:
Man... I won't do that if I were you:s-smilie: ... I guess is your choice. Is painful, takes waaaaaayyyy longer to heal, you could be at a risk of getting infected and ending up not having a nipple (Lol just joking, but that could be a probability that may happen). But on the great side... it looks great and kind hot if you have abs, of course. I've never done it (and I would never do it :wink:) but I have friends that have done it, and they liked it. :smile: Yours might not take longer to heal but try it and feel the pain. :biggrin:
i say go for it, it you don't like it then you can just take it out, only £10-£15 wasted. don't worry about the pain - worrying makes it more painful! i haven't had a nipple pierced but if it's anything like ear cartilage then there's no need to worry, it's really not paintful.
I think they look cool, and if you get them done properly - by a professional piercer with a needle - the pain isn't terrible. If you have any other piercings you might have an idea. For me, it hurt more to get my ear lobes done than my nipples. Although, if you don't have any other piercings, maybe consider something else first? Don't learn to swim by jumping in the deep end and all that. For a while they required a lot of maintenance, cleaning and such, which occasionally aggravated the wound and stung, but only a little and only for a couple of minutes. Always consult with a professional piercer before committing to anything.
Reply 18
Original post by G_lily
I’m female and have my nipples pierced , obviously I can’t speak for what you’ll feel; but the pain was totally tolerable - I think it’s more the adrenaline and build up of getting it , but the actual pain when getting it pierced is fine - if you have any other piercing experience I’d probably say it’s about the same as a cartilage piercing . The aftercare and healing are a little bit of a pain, but it looks good and it will be so worth it :smile:

you aren't scared about getting them caught on anything? o_0 Just curious why people get them, for the looks, the feels, something else?
Reply 19
Original post by Froppy
you aren't scared about getting them caught on anything? o_0 Just curious why people get them, for the looks, the feels, something else?

In the first couple of months getting it caught is quite a big worry, and yes it does occasionally happen - but not as much as people would think. I think the biggest culprits are like knitted jumpers and lacy stuff - but I guess it’s the same with any piercing . I still catch my cartilage piercings all the time if I’m not too careful , so it’s just a matter of wearing the right clothes for the first couple of weeks and after that just being really careful . I guess the reason behind getting them is different for every person to be honest . For some people it’s to increase feeling , for some they think it looks hot (and nice) and for others it’s a confidence thing - there are loads of reasons why people go for it, I just think it varies from person to person

Quick Reply