help please!buffer with PH more than 7

Watch
sarah99630
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
which of the following when mixed would make a buffer with PH more than 7?
A. methanoic acid and sodium methanoate
B.NaOH and sodium chloride.
C. Ammonia and ammonium chloride.
D.Ammonium chloride and ammonium ethanoate.
im confused
(ik about titrations, if u want PH more than 7 u use strong base and weak acid, is that also applicable with BUFFERS? anyway I can't see that combination in the choices)
Ddraigdwr2
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
C; a basic buffer is comprised a weak base and its salt (conjugate base). If you need more help on the acid and base topic I can recommend Chemguide and Chemrevise
sarah99630
Rep:
(Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
C; a basic buffer is comprised a weak base and its salt (conjugate base). If you need more help on the acid and base topic I can recommend Chemguide and Chemrevise
ohhh so above 7 they're basically asking a basic buffer yeaah, got it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I'll check them out
Ddraigdwr2
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You're very welcome!! Yes I would definitely recommend Chemguide and Chemrevise they are literally a life saver... Chemguide explains concepts in detail, and Chemrevise provides detailed but condensed revision notes. If you're looking for other websites I can also recommend maths and physics tutor
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sarah99630)
which of the following when mixed would make a buffer with PH more than 7?
What spec are you doing?
sarah99630
Rep:
(Original post by Pigster)
What spec are you doing?
edexcel IAL
sarah99630
Rep:
(Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
You're very welcome!! Yes I would definitely recommend Chemguide and Chemrevise they are literally a life saver... Chemguide explains concepts in detail, and Chemrevise provides detailed but condensed revision notes. If you're looking for other websites I can also recommend maths and physics tutor
thanks again! are the factsheets on phy&maths tutor helpful?
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Basic buffers aren't on your spec (Kb certainly isn't, which would be required to calculate the pH of one).
sarah99630
Rep:
Basic buffers aren't on your spec (Kb certainly isn't, which would be required to calculate the pH of one).
hahah nice to know that thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.46%
Note taking apps (6)
2.43%
Flashcards (49)
19.84%
Revision guides (15)
6.07%
Past papers (116)
46.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.24%

Watched Threads