Edexcel A-level Italian history Watch

jasmine_GCSE
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m studying ‘The unification of Italy, 1830-1870’ for 20% of my history alevel. I’m finding this part of the course really hard to grasp and understand. Has anyone done this course and got any useful revision tips/ tactics/ any useful books or documentaries? (I’ve tried the textbook already)
Thank-you and happy holidays!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ibte10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing the Unification of Italy but with OCR. I found it to be the easier of the two exams I sat at AS. If you have any questions regarding content then feel free to ask. My course is 1789-1896 just to let you know.
jasmine_GCSE
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ibte10)
I am doing the Unification of Italy but with OCR. I found it to be the easier of the two exams I sat at AS. If you have any questions regarding content then feel free to ask. My course is 1789-1896 just to let you know.
Thankyou! Mine is 1830-70 so a fall within your year span so I expect the style of content is not too different maybe just not as detailed as my year span is much shorter. Did you use just your textbook or do wider reading as well?
ibte10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jasmine_GCSE)
Thankyou! Mine is 1830-70 so a fall within your year span so I expect the style of content is not too different maybe just not as detailed as my year span is much shorter. Did you use just your textbook or do wider reading as well?
I just used the textbook and mad essay plans for all the possible questions. There is no harm in reading extra books but first learn the content based on the specification.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
I just used the textbook and mad essay plans for all the possible questions. There is no harm in reading extra books but first learn the content based on the specification.
so the main people in the unification of italy was Victor, Cavour and Garibaldi?
ibte10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Audrey18)
so the main people in the unification of italy was Victor, Cavour and Garibaldi?
Cavour, Garibaldi, Napoleon, Victor Emmanuel and arguably Mazzini. Mazzini didn't unify Italy geographically but helped build Italian nationalism through his journalism. Prussia could be possibly discussed as well due to their involvement in the 1866 and 1870 wars which helped win Venetia and Rome respectively.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
Cavour, Garibaldi, Napoleon, Victor Emmanuel and arguably Mazzini. Mazzini didn't unify Italy geographically but helped build Italian nationalism through his journalism. Prussia could be possibly discussed as well due to their involvement in the 1866 and 1870 wars which helped win Venetia and Rome respectively.
can you give us some italian unification questions and we can all contribute by giving bullet point answers?
ibte10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Audrey18)
can you give us some italian unification questions and we can all contribute by giving bullet point answers?
‘The Crimean War was the biggest turning point of Italian Unification’ How far do you agree?

‘Cavour was the most important individual in achieving Italian Unification’ How far do you agree?

‘Austria was the biggest reason for the failure of the 1848/49 revolutions’ How far do you agree?

‘Economic factors was the biggest reason for the cause of the 1848/49 revolutions’ How far do you agree?

‘Italy was more divided than united in 1870’ How far do you agree?
jasmine_GCSE
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
‘The Crimean War was the biggest turning point of Italian Unification’ How far do you agree?

‘Cavour was the most important individual in achieving Italian Unification’ How far do you agree?

‘Austria was the biggest reason for the failure of the 1848/49 revolutions’ How far do you agree?

‘Economic factors was the biggest reason for the cause of the 1848/49 revolutions’ How far do you agree?

‘Italy was more divided than united in 1870’ How far do you agree?
Thank you so much for all your help through this thread! I will definitely be writing some detailed essay plans to these questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (67)
15.8%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (43)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (80)
18.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.39%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.85%
How can I be the best version of myself? (127)
29.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise