tomcamb123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Considering paying for Save My Exams because I've heard lots of good things, but not sure whether it's actually worth it. Can anyone who's used it tell me how they found it?

Interested in GCSE Maths in particular.
2childmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For maths try https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk. It has videos for every topic arranged by grade and then exam questions of that topic with the answers.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tomcamb123)
Considering paying for Save My Exams because I've heard lots of good things, but not sure whether it's actually worth it. Can anyone who's used it tell me how they found it?

Eh.

None of those paid for exam help services is worth it, to be honest. Especially when there are so many fantastic free internet resources out there already.

I got along just fine with my GCSEs/A-Levels without paying a dime for things like that.
AshwinDurairaj
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do they offer when you pay?
They offer exam questions for free, do you just get the mark schemes or is there something else on top of that?

And for maths I reckon there is no need for that as there are many other good resources, I do Edexcel science but there are not that many resources, which is why I find SaveMyExams useful (the free question papers)
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

You do not need to buy any special subscriptions in order to do well in your GCSEs! There are plenty of past-paper and specimen questions - ask your teachers where you can find them. Or you can even write your own questions, then start answering the ones you wrote a few weeks ago.
2childmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Meant to say the maths genie is free.
jenniexy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's a lot of free stuff out there, but I found it hard to know what was actually legit and useful and what wasn't. Found Save My Exams handy because all of the resources were relevant and in one place, and the mark schemes in particular were good. Would recommend paying if you can afford it - it's really not that expensive for a year in comparison to tutors etc.
RhiRhi_Y
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't use it for maths (lol, probably should) but do my science stuff on it - find it really helpful as you can just practice the topics you find most hard which for me has been really helpful
2childmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Another good pay-for resource is http://my-gcsescience.com. You can pay for each individual science or dual science. It has videos of each topic, along with sheets to print out on which to make notes from the video ( so it might have the bare bones of the powerpoint seen in the video which you than add the info too). This is followed by exam questions for each topic and the answers
ellie154352
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on whether you're doing GCSEs or A-levels. For GCSE, there are plenty of exam papers on the exam board websites (especially on CIE and AQA), although less now with the changes. For A-level (I have just started year 12), I've found it much harder to find exam questions and save my exams actually sorts them by topic (I think they do for GCSE too) which is really helpful. You can use their papers without paying but you can't access the mark schemes so its pretty much useless without paying. So for me, I've found it really worth paying but I guess it depends on which exams and also which subjects (they offer the 3 sciences and maths which are also the subjects I am doing so it gives me more value for money than it would for people not taking all of those subjects).
exampropapers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have all the mark schemes and am selling them for cheap price pm me anyone
timnerg
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tbh , for 5$ a month, it's quite worth it. It's been really useful. I just started year 12 in 2017 and for physics and maths it really helps organise the different topic tests that I have been receiving.
pandawhistles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
interetsed, paypal?
DarkIronsBarzakh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physics and maths tutor. Com
resurgance2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Save my exams is worth the price. It has all the questions you want presented in organized topics.
tomcamb123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by pandawhistles)
interetsed, paypal?
Yeah they take PayPal and they actually have a three month option now which is cheaper I think. I ended up getting it and find it helpful
Daniel_ong
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well you don't need to pay the subscribtion for Save My Exams because if you research a little bit sometimes you can find websites with free Save my exams past paper such as this one--> https://savemyexams.blogspot.com/The set up is quite nice but the only problem is they only have CIE (They do say they will add others but it has been a couple of months)
Free_Resourcer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Or you could find a free website like this savemyexams and use this.
Nayem Hussain
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
`physicsandmathstutor has the same topic specific papers with accessible mark schemes
Nayem Hussain
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Physicsandmathstutor has the same topic questions with free accessible mark schemes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (125)
63.45%
No (72)
36.55%

Watched Threads