Can I still get an A in Maths?

Watch
Agent007
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I got a C in Maths.
More specifically I got a B in C1 a B in C2 and an E in M1 (defo resitting)

I have decided to resits M1 and C2 (On average I do better in C2 for some reason, I was 3 marks off an A for the AS)

Here are my UMS:
C1: 71
C2: 75
M1: 42

What percentage and UMS will I have to get across M1, D1, C2 and C3 for me to still get an A?

I know an A* is impossible due to the B in C1 but is an A completely off the table as well?

Not really sure how the grade percentage works like apparantly u have to get 90% across C3 and C4 to get an A*?

Thanks in advance
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Agent007)
So I got a C in Maths.
More specifically I got a B in C1 a B in C2 and an E in M1 (defo resitting)

I have decided to resits M1 and C2 (On average I do better in C2 for some reason, I was 3 marks off an A for the AS)

Here are my UMS:
C1: 71
C2: 75
M1: 42

What percentage and UMS will I have to get across M1, D1, C2 and C3 for me to still get an A?

I know an A* is impossible due to the B in C1 but is an A completely off the table as well?

Not really sure how the grade percentage works like apparantly u have to get 90% across C3 and C4 to get an A*?

Thanks in advance
An A* is not impossible because C1 and C2 do not matter. To get an A*, you need at least 180 total across C3 and C4, plus the usual A-grade requirement of 480/600 (80%) across the entire qualification.

If you resit everything other than C1, you will need to average 82% in the 5 exams (C2, M1, D1, C3, C4) to get an A. The A* depends on you getting 90% in C3 and C4 as I mentioned earlier. To be honest, it may not really be worth resitting C2 unless you are scoring significantly higher in mocks.
Agent007
Rep:
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
An A* is not impossible because C1 and C2 do not matter. To get an A*, you need at least 180 total across C3 and C4, plus the usual A-grade requirement of 480/600 (80%) across the entire qualification.

If you resit everything other than C1, you will need to average 82% in the 5 exams (C2, M1, D1, C3, C4) to get an A. The A* depends on you getting 90% in C3 and C4 as I mentioned earlier. To be honest, it may not really be worth resitting C2 unless you are scoring significantly higher in mocks.
So I don't even need to resit C2 to get an A or A* in maths?
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Agent007)
So I don't even need to resit C2 to get an A or A* in maths?
No. If you only resit M1, you need an average of 84% in the four exams you'll do if you want an A (for the A*, this means 90%+ in C3 and C4 along with 77%+ in M1 and D1). Resitting C2 (or C1 if you prefer) can give you a little more wriggle room, but if you feel it would jeopardise your other exams, you don't have to do it.
Agent007
Rep:
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
No. If you only resit M1, you need an average of 84% in the four exams you'll do if you want an A (for the A*, this means 90%+ in C3 and C4 along with 77%+ in M1 and D1). Resitting C2 (or C1 if you prefer) can give you a little more wriggle room, but if you feel it would jeopardise your other exams, you don't have to do it.
Alright, thank you so much you've been super helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (3)
5.45%
October 2021 (31)
56.36%
November 2021 (7)
12.73%
December 2021 (5)
9.09%
January 2021 (5)
9.09%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (2)
3.64%