The Student Room Group

before the driving test

hi guys. i am not from here and not sure how it works, but could anyone tell me if CBT is compulsory even if i have my driving licence from my country (Brazil) and have experience riding it? thanks a lot
think so as it may be a separate license. its best if u ring up DVSA and confirm
Reply 2
Yeah, that make sense. you right, I might give 'em a call tomorrow. thanks anyways
You are eligible to drive here whatever you were eligible for in Brazil. If we do not have an equivalent to it - then you can't drive. For example in Italy we have Motorina's, which are basically smart cars that you can drive once you're 15; your license only covers you to drive those and not on the motorway. This is the license I brought back to the UK with me, but it was basically plastic toilet paper; because we don't have anything like it - my provisional had more driving worth than that did. The general rule of thumb is a full Brazilian driving license will cover you to drive anything here; although I don't remember for how long (you have to swap it for a UK or EU license eventually) - I think the limit is 12 months for non-EU/EEC. Motorcycle licenses are a grey area, we stopped doing those around 4 years ago.

If you've already been here for more than a year - disregard the above; you need to have a provisional license and pass a CBT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending