bluemadhatter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
for all those suffering from mental health issues, depression in particular... spending days in bed with not one thing motivating you to get up and live life. This thread is for you. Let us wallow in our feelings and know we are not bad people for being like this. And one day we WILL defeat it even if it doesn't seem like it now.

:sad:
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
bump
Mystery.
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
I am open to investing in this thread. Do you take bitcoins though?
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mystery.)
I am open to investing in this thread. Do you take bitcoins though?
i have a paypal; [email protected] drop some coinssss
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just take each day as it comes, there's light at the end of the tunnel :sadnod:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/10hfegXGKVRVNm/giphy.gif
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if it's not a disorder , stop complaining

could be laziness
Huw M Thomas
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"We can make our plans, but Yah Veh determines our steps".
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
(Original post by study beats)
if it's not a disorder , stop complaining

could be laziness
did i not say "mental health issues e.g. depression"?????????
Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bluemadhatter)
for all those suffering from mental health issues, depression in particular... spending days in bed with not one thing motivating you to get up and live life. This thread is for you. Let us wallow in our feelings and know we are not bad people for being like this. And one day we WILL defeat it even if it doesn't seem like it now.

:sad:
It's such a shame that so many people even some of the best ones suffer with it on so many different levels

And you are never bad people EVER:hugs:

I've been through my main depression from yr10-sixth form but I got past finally with getting into a proper job and currently I suffer a little from seperation anixety sometimes but that will be sorted once my gf comes over to stay permanently

Everyone with any form of Mental Health issue are all so amazing for having to battle everyday and not giving up

"And one day we WILL defeat it even if it doesn't seem like it now. " - Love this optimism:love:
clouddbubbles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
positivity!
:love:
Huw M Thomas
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"best ones"?
Kraggor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TaintedLight)
Isn't it strange most of your post has something to with mental health issues or depression. Most unimpressive.
Not unimpressive at all!:dry:

It's great she talks about mental health issues as the one who suffer most are the ones that don't come forward and talk about it or those who don't seek support :console:

bluemadhatter is amazing for being herself :hugs:
Kraggor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Incorrect. In this thread she is more like normalizing her issues rather than addressing them

Good on you for denying them though :cool:
She's not normalising them.

She's not saying that mental health is good she is saying that people with depression are seen as bad and that unfortunately alot of people view people with mental health issues as people who have bad personalities and are a problem whereas they are not, they are all good people who've had deep down thoughts/issues/experiences that affects their psychology and wellbeing.

And it doesn't help when others judge mental health and causes it hard to find work, relationships and being socially accepted.

She even says that they will defeat mental health one day which I sure hope each and everyone with some form of mental health does because it's really tough (I've been there pretty bad)
TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kraggor)
She's not normalising them.

She's not saying that mental health is good she is saying that people with depression are seen as bad and that unfortunately alot of people view people with mental health issues as people who have bad personalities and are a problem whereas they are not, they are all good people who've had deep down thoughts/issues/experiences that affects their psychology and wellbeing.

And it doesn't help when others judge mental health and causes it hard to find work, relationships and being socially accepted.

She even says that they will defeat mental health one day which I sure hope each and everyone with some form of mental health does because it's really tough (I've been there pretty bad)
She is saying to have a pity party cuz mental illness or something.

I don't see depression per say as bad. I just see someone fretting about the same subject every now and then "bad". Replace "depression" with "batman" and my posts are still legit.
Kraggor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I don't see depression per say as bad. I just see someone fretting about the same subject every now and then "bad". Replace "depression" with "batman" and my posts are still legit.
I will give you that the title should be different. But, her words are fine.

Also "Every now and then"? What about the hundreds who are posting on Mental Health forums daily? It's not something that can be ignored when it can become the biggest part of your life

I'm not going to debate on here anymore, have a good day
TaintedLight
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kraggor)
I will give you that the title should be different. But, her words are fine.

Also "Every now and then"? What about the hundreds who are posting on Mental Health forums daily? It's not something that can be ignored when it can become the biggest part of your life

I'm not going to debate on here anymore, have a good day
I don't go around that forum (didn't even know something like that existed!). Goodbye :cool:
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

If you'd ever had depression, you'd know it is not something that you can simply 'stop fretting about'.
TaintedLight
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
If you'd ever had depression, you'd know it is not something that you can simply 'stop fretting about'.
Hmmm all I'll say here is that different people come up with different mechanisms to cope up with different depression linked behaviors.

To simplify, I may or may not have (had) depression
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hmmm all I'll say here is that different people come up with different mechanisms to cope up with different depression linked behaviors.

To simplify, I may or may not have (had) depression
Sorry for assuming.

But as you say, people have different coping mechanisms, so respect that this is hers.
TaintedLight
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
Sorry for assuming.

But as you say, people have different coping mechanisms, so respect that this is hers.
No problems (Y)

Though I personally question the effectiveness of this mechanism... I guess I'll just have to respect it and move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (192)
14.3%
I'm not sure (59)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.26%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.76%
I'm not a current university student (662)
49.29%

Watched Threads