Jordzeyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ik Ik it's a BASIC question, but out of curiosity, if anyone has done these courses, could you give me a rough idea of what it is like?

Manchester MBChB medicine
Cambridge NatSci (With more of a Biology/Chemistry Focus)
Imperial Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry
Kings Chemistry with biomedicine
QMUL MBBS medicine

(yes I know its shallow shhhhh)
choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no, sorry
Appleorpear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Medicine is different to the rest for obvious reasons. You get a guaranteed job as a doctor at the end providing you pass.

The King's degree is mostly a fifth choice for people wanting to do medicine (4 choices are medicine, 1 has to be non-medicine, so they do that). Out of those 5, I'd say avoid this if you can.

Cambridge/Imperial are more for if you don't want to do Medicine and want to go more into research or a more general degree in the pure sciences.

I'd say Manchester > QMUL > Cambridge > Imperial > King's. IK it seems kinda strange to put Cambridge below Manchester and QMUL, but medicine is medicine no matter where you go, and getting a 2:1 or first in NatSci at Cambridge is harder than medicine at Manchester/QMUL (just from relative's/friends experiences). Especially since you're focusing on the chemistry/biology, Medical chemistry and Biomedicine, why not just become a doctor.
Jordzeyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Appleorpear)
I'd say Manchester > QMUL > Cambridge > Imperial > King's. IK it seems kinda strange to put Cambridge below Manchester and QMUL, but medicine is medicine no matter where you go, and getting a 2:1 or first in NatSci at Cambridge is harder than medicine at Manchester/QMUL (just from relative's/friends experiences). Especially since you're focusing on the chemistry/biology, Medical chemistry and Biomedicine, why not just become a doctor.
You see that's the personal conflict I've been having, especially because I don't do biology.
Appleorpear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jordzeyy)
You see that's the personal conflict I've been having, especially because I don't do biology.
Unless you don't want to be a doctor, just do medicine. It's kinda the obvious choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
31.29%
Less motivated (191)
68.71%

Watched Threads