This discussion is closed.
Schoolgirl2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And this person could easily be one of them considering how willing and motivated they are to study. Sorry i don’t have any amazing tips but i tend to use a technique called ‘splurging’ i read over the info from 1 topic in the evening then the next day (usually morning) i will write everything i can remember from it. Then i will look back and see what i got wrong/missed. When i get more confident with the topic i wont read the info the night before to check if i know it properly. I dont know how effective this actually is but it seems to work for me so maybe try it out if you want, hope this can be of some help and good luck with your gcses x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Firstly don't worry about it. you still got plenty of time to revise all the topics. Secondly, create a revision timetable it helps to be organised with yourself. Thirdly, focus on the weakest topics that you are struggling to make notes or flashcards to help you learn the content better. To get all 9s, you have to work extra hard and what I mean by extra hard is that do not overforce yourself which I basically mean do not overwork yourself. Always get sleep because research shows that sleep turns memories into long information so it is vital. Also, invite any of your friends to a study group in an area and you can go through the topics you understand even if you do it into today's class. Finally, my last point is to make time for all the things that you like doing for example playing football hanging your friends, etc. Revision is about quantity as well as about quality. I hope this helps
(Original post by richard004)
I'm in year 10, and I've uninstalled all my games because it is a distraction cause I just can't control it.I realised when I grow up I don't want to regret that I should have worked harder to get better results etc. I've got the motivation to work and study hard, I really want to get all 9s in everything and minimum 8s (except Spanish because **** that) but I just don't know where to start and what to actually do. For example, after school should i revise the things ive just done in that day or should i start revising the things ive done when i just started my gcses? (my school started ours in year9) I just have no idea what to do really
username4571056
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got all 9s in my mocks (7 in lang,lit and spanish) now I am wondering if I can keep this up as you never know what will happen in the exam

for any current year 10's I would recommend doing maybe one or two extra curriculars, for example joining a swimming club or a rugby team.

sixth forms and universities value that on top of grades, they don't wan't robots! xD
Matthew2422
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really late to the party but this just assumes everyone has an equal chance of getting a 9 whereas if you think about it those who are going to get a nine in one subject are more likely to get it in another than someone who got a four in the first.
study_well
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I think when you come home every night, when you go to unpack your bag, read over what you did and make notes on the stuff you learnt and then by the end of the week you will have a whole set of notes that you can revise from. Hope this helps
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Always focus in class and pay attention to teachers no matter what
mrbeanfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Spoiler:
Show
get 9 by 3 hours revise daily from dr frost maths my favouritewebsite for study and the likes of you

math is very important as long as you have it you can get 9 in all subjects apart from critical thinking and the likes of it (i got a 2 in critical thinking ) but 9 in all other subjects

hello my grandad he is reading my posts hi walter[img]https[/img]
mrbeanfan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by louishill1)
I got all 9s (I'm in shock) and I'm wondering whether to start a study youtube channel, not out of vanity, but to help people simply because I know how tough the new exams are.
do it if it is a level i will watch every day for 15 minutes at least but maybe 1 or 2 or 3 hours if i feel like revising, but my grandad (walter hes the best) loves it when i revise when im at his house so i revise a lot maybe 5 hours but its normally doing things like sorting out my math qualification which i am doing every day i love it so much almost as much as i love my favourite food chicken pea sandwich and chips - yum!:centipe:
qoepwifhgjkdcx
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
not true - 732 people got all 9s last year loll
txmanna.b
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by richard004)
I'm in year 10, and I've uninstalled all my games because it is a distraction cause I just can't control it.I realised when I grow up I don't want to regret that I should have worked harder to get better results etc. I've got the motivation to work and study hard, I really want to get all 9s in everything and minimum 8s (except Spanish because **** that) but I just don't know where to start and what to actually do. For example, after school should i revise the things ive just done in that day or should i start revising the things ive done when i just started my gcses? (my school started ours in year9) I just have no idea what to do really
thats great tbf i havent even started revising but you should revise the things you dont understand i guess
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Past papers are a good idea
elliotdada
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Try this

http://www.toplevels.co.uk/gcse-aqa-physics/
hope_786
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by louishill1)
I got all 9s (I'm in shock) and I'm wondering whether to start a study youtube channel, not out of vanity, but to help people simply because I know how tough the new exams are.
can you give ANY tips please on how you got all 9s
Cryoraptor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I wouldn't set the bar for myself anywhere near that high. When you're in your 20s with your all-9 GCSEs and top-1% college and university degrees and a complete loser with no social life whatsoever, you'll realise that spending every fibre of your existence on an education is a total waste of time. Just aim for what is within your ability and don't stress yourself out. I barely revised for my GCSEs and I still passed everything but English Language and Literature (I got 2 6s and everything else except psychology and history was a 5). They really aren't worth stressing out about too much. Just make sure you know your stuff before the exams.
Cryoraptor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by qoepwifhgjkdcx)
not true - 732 people got all 9s last year loll
That's still very statistically low.
elliotdada
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Try this website.

http://www.toplevels.co.uk/gcse-aqa-physics/
JatBains
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How do i get a grade 8 in English lit and language? In year 10. Any tips for grade 8s in science.
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Buy revision guides. Revise every topic for every subject that you want a 9 in. Do it again and again and again. You PROBABLY won't get all grade 9s but you will likely do extremely well depending on how much you revise. Make sure you don't do too much in a day or you'll get bored.
_alinajohn
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by that.one.student)
Your in year 10, you don't have to hardcore revise, but its good you've got distractions out of the way.
You should properly revise when year 11 starts, ( i'm one month away from the real gcse's and am literally just starting now) wish i had started like at least 2 months earlier.

Just because like the top 2-3 % recieve a grade 9, doesent mean you cant. People who work for it get it.
Right now you can try understanding your content in science, properly read your book in English and start thinking about key characters and themes in your book. Look at the poems your studying and link them. Practice picking out language techniques and devices in pieces of text, then soon you'll get really good and hopefully you'll get a 9 next year. Attempt some maths papers but know your examboard.

Also you could try an after school activity as you've still got time AND also because thats important for after gcse's. e.g. CV's and jobs for later on
(so yeah as someone said, you COULD do boxing)

do NOT burn yourself out with revision because then you'll stop revising and get tired. Just do work here and there. Prep for year 11, get all your stationary. Do what i said at the top. Finish your content in science and just practice some of those questions when you want
lifesaver
akashalbert
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by lydiarutharnold)
getting all 9s is unrealistic, sorry for being the voice of gloom but you most likely won’t
No, if he puts the effort in, he can do it. People like you are the reason others lose hope and confidence.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (20)
19.05%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (26)
24.76%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (59)
56.19%

Watched Threads