This discussion is closed.
tansrr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by akashalbert)
No, if he puts the effort in, he can do it. People like you are the reason others lose hope and confidence.
what do people even need all 9s for lol. Job applications don’t even care that much
Flk10
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by tansrr)
what do people even need all 9s for lol. Job applications don’t even care that much
Because working hard and pushing yourself to achieve the best grades you can is a good habit to get into that will help you throughout your life.

Developing a strong work ethic at GCSE and getting used to putting in long hours will set you in really good stead for A level and beyond, when your results really will Mayte for the rest of your life.
akashalbert
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by tansrr)
You definitely have some problems if you think that. If you want a good life, you'll want a good job and good jobs require top grades.
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Flk10)
Because working hard and pushing yourself to achieve the best grades you can is a good habit to get into that will help you throughout your life.

Developing a strong work ethic at GCSE and getting used to putting in long hours will set you in really good stead for A level and beyond, when your results really will Mayte for the rest of your life.
This is good advice, but I would add that it's one thing to chase high standards and to aggressively chase perfection.

So aim for all 9s? Fine. Beat yourself up about not quite achieveing it? Not good.

You can really burn yourself out. The difference, long term, between getting all 9s and getting all 8s is not significant. The latter will not hold you back in taking things to the next level. Once you have higher qualifications, this will become more apparent.
Last edited by EierVonSatan; 2 days ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (15)
23.08%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (15)
23.08%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (35)
53.85%

Watched Threads