Naya104
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got an A overall in AS maths, however I only got 243/300 UMS. I got an A in C2, A in C1, but a B in S1. I want to resit S1 and C2, to get higher UMS. Is this acceptable when applying to medicine. I'm applying on my gap year.
Birmingham have blatantly said, NO A-LEVEL RESITS.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Naya104)
I got an A overall in AS maths, however I only got 243/300 UMS. I got an A in C2, A in C1, but a B in S1. I want to resit S1 and C2, to get higher UMS. Is this acceptable when applying to medicine. I'm applying on my gap year.
Birmingham have blatantly said, NO A-LEVEL RESITS.
Even modular resits? I thought that is allowed - have you definitely checked that even modular resits are not allowed?

Oh and by the way - if you have already finished A-Levels, then it probably will count as a resit. (ie resitting modules during Years 12 and 13 should be OK, but if you are post-Year 13 then it's probably not)
Naya104
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I'm in year 13, I'm just applying next year with my actual A-level grades. The website doesn't mention modular resits, but if you're allowed to then I definitely will!! The website just mentions A-level resits, so I'm not sure if AS modules are included
I think it is allowed, and I don't see how they would know. Best to check with them though.
Zx12r1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They are allowed I checked with them before I applied and have recieved and done my interview. The only 2 med schools in the country that do not allow modular resits are Newcastle and Leeds.

I emailed them before I applied and this is what was said.

Thank you for your email.
Module re-sits are fine as long as they are taken within your two years of A-Level study.
Kind regards

Jennifer Needham
Medicine Admissions Administrator

Medicine Websites:
5 year programme:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/medicine
Graduate entry (4 year):
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/graduatemedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.8%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (129)
38.17%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.18%

Watched Threads