is this cheating? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I have been in a relationship for almost 3 years now but I always exchange flirty texts with one of my female friend who I find very pretty. We would always flirt and talk about us having sex or sending nudes (but we never send nudes ofc) and then we would end our conversation with "just joking". Does this count as cheating?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
No lmao
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ItsJenson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I have been in a relationship for almost 3 years now but I always exchange flirty texts with one of my female friend who I find very pretty. We would always flirt and talk about us having sex or sending nudes (but we never send nudes ofc) and then we would end our conversation with "just joking". Does this count as cheating?
Yes
UnknownPerson#13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say you are very borderline cheating. You should probably stop this before it goes any further. If you actually like this person and would consider a relationship with them then maybe take some time to personally reflect on your feelings and then talk to your partner. If you love your partner then definitely stop all this cause imagine how hurt they would be. Flirting with someone whilst in a relationship never leads to anything good, so whilst it may not be cheating yet, it is still quite bad.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
In my opinion, yes that does count
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not exactly fair on your girlfriend, I mean how would you feel if she was doing that to you.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You and your partner should define the boundaries over what is cheating and what isn't.

Some people may consider that cheating and some may not, asking an online community isn't the best place to ask. If in doubt, don't do it.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd class this as cheating or at the very least, on the verge of cheating. Do you act more flirty with this friend than you do your partner? If you have to ask if this is cheating then I think you know what you are doing is dodgy, given that you are in a relationship and it would be worth re-evaluating if you are happy in your current relationship and if its best to continue.
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes
gigi77774
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just think, would you like it if your girlfriend was doing that to you? No I assume, so stop it as soon as possible and do it for your girl instead
SpitfireFilly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would you be happy to let your girlfriend see those texts, or for your girlfriend to do that with another guy? If yes, then you are not in a relationship with someone you care enough about to keep it going. If no, then either modify how you speak to this girl or cut her off entirely.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
These "is this cheating?" threads get made every week, and the answer is always "no, but it's dishonest". All users should be made to read this statement before posting in the relationships forum.
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The reason why you're indulging in this is because you are not getting it from your girlfriend. So even if you are 'joking' which is basically social conditioning to make it appear to be acceptable, it's still wrong because you know theres something missing in your relationship with your girlfriend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.6%
The paper was reasonable (1165)
54.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (461)
21.59%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.24%

Watched Threads