The Student Room Group

2018 HKU Dentistry applicants

Hi everyone. Since I cannot find a thread for HKU Dentistry 2018, I decide to set up this thread. I sent off the main round application in November, but haven't received any reply from the university yet (not even interview invitation). The status is still under consideration. I am just wondering whether there is anyone has already received the interview invitation. I also want to know if there is any current hku dentistry student (non-jupas entry) can answer my question that when the interview invitation of main round will be sent off usually.

I am a local citizen in hk, but studying year 13 in the uk currently. Therefore, if I am invited to the interview, I need to arrange the air ticket and return to hk for interview.

I will be really grateful if there is anyone answering my questions!

Scroll to see replies

I received an invitation to interview yesterday. However it is on 15/1 and I will be in the uk by the time being. It states that "please note that the faculty usually will not issue offer without interviewing the candidate in person". So I think we may need to buy flight ticket to attend the interview. I don't know what to do and wish if the interview date can be earlier. :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Shirleyabcd
I had just received an invitation to interview yesterday. However it is on 15/1 and I will be in the uk by the time being. It states that "please note that the faculty usually will not issue offer without interviewing the candidate in person". So I think we may need to buy flight ticket to attend the interview. I don't know what to do and wish if the interview date can be earlier. :frown:

Congracts!!!!! However, my application status is still under consideration...... Therefore, I am uncertain whether my application is successful or not.
Original post by spiderman17
Congracts!!!!! However, my application status is still under consideration...... Therefore, I am uncertain whether my application is successful or not.

Maybe they are still sending off invitations?? I am sure you will be fine!! No rejection means you still have chance!
Maybe they are still sending off invitations?? I am sure you will be fine!! No rejection means you still have chance!

Thanks!!! I hope so. Good luck to your interview btw😊
Hi,I have also received an interview invitation to the interview on Jan 15. Had to frantically book a flight ticket to fly to hong kong. Do you guys know how the interview is like by any chance? Im starting to get kinda nervous haha
Original post by MoosePatronus
Hi,I have also received an interview invitation to the interview on Jan 15. Had to frantically book a flight ticket to fly to hong kong. Do you guys know how the interview is like by any chance? Im starting to get kinda nervous haha

Wish you good luck! I have not received any reply from hku yet, it is mentioned that my application is still under consideration.

I think there are some relevant information about the interview in the internet, you can google it.
Reply 7

Congrats!
Are you a non-JUPAS applicant?
Reply 8
I received an invitation to interview yesterday. However it is on 15/1 and I will be in the uk by the time being. It states that "please note that the faculty usually will not issue offer without interviewing the candidate in person". So I think we may need to buy flight ticket to attend the interview. I don't know what to do and wish if the interview date can be earlier. :frown:

Congrats!!
Wish you good luck! I have not received any reply from hku yet, it is mentioned that my application is still under consideration.

I think there are some relevant information about the interview in the internet, you can google it.

Thank you! My interview invitation was sent out by email and my status on the application system is also "under consideration" now, so I dont think they will change it until either "accepted" or "rejected". But def keep an eye out for your email inbox and hopefully yours will arrive soon too! Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by Ramsey99
Congrats!

Yes! I am non-jupas, are you applying to BDS in this application cycle as well?
Thank you! My interview invitation was sent out by email and my status on the application system is also "under consideration" now, so I dont think they will change it until either "accepted" or "rejected". But def keep an eye out for your email inbox and hopefully yours will arrive soon too! Best of luck! :smile:

Thanks! When did u receive yr interview invitation? Plus, when will yr interview take place?
Reply 12

I just called the office and they said that they have already sent off all the invitations ..... :frown:

btw im non jupas too but im doing IB in HK

I'm so sad lmao
Thanks! When did u receive yr interview invitation? Plus, when will yr interview take place?

I received the invitation in Mid Dec, and its gonna be tomorrow morning!
Original post by Ramsey99
Congrats!!

Yess:smile:
I received the invitation in Mid Dec, and its gonna be tomorrow morning!

How's yr interview? Is it hard?
How's yr interview? Is it hard?

Its alright, feels like a conversation. Have you heard anything from them yet?

No. I think I will assume that they do not give me that opportunity instead of waiting. Anyway, thanks for yr sharing:smile:

Can you share your AS scores and other grades,such as ukcat and bmat?
I also want to apply 2019 HKU Dentistry.
Thank you very much!!!!!!
Yes! I am non-jupas, are you applying to BDS in this application cycle as well?

Yes I am applying to BDS this application cycle.
How was your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest