Year 11 mock exams- january 2018

Watch
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have my maths mock exams in January and my teacher basically told me to revise 'everything i learned from year 7', now i was wondering which topics will come on each paper for example non-calculator and calculator topics, and this is directed to EITHER people who have done GCSE mock exams OR people who are going to do them. So which topics should i revise? A bit of additional info if you don't know then don't worry but people sitting OCR 9-1 maths gcse, how do you revise with past papers?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gtty123)
I have my maths mock exams in January and my teacher basically told me to revise 'everything i learned from year 7', now i was wondering which topics will come on each paper for example non-calculator and calculator topics, and this is directed to EITHER people who have done GCSE mock exams OR people who are going to do them. So which topics should i revise? A bit of additional info if you don't know then don't worry but people sitting OCR 9-1 maths gcse, how do you revise with past papers?
There is no such thing as calculator topics and non calculator topics.
Almost any topic in maths can be tested on a non calculator paper and lots of the questions on the calculator papers don't require a calculator. Sites like mathsgenie.co.uk and Mrbartonmaths have helpful reminders of the topics you have learnt in gcse maths.
gtty123
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
There is no such thing as calculator topics and non calculator topics.
Almost any topic in maths can be tested on a non calculator paper and lots of the questions on the calculator papers don't require a calculator. Sites like mathsgenie.co.uk and Mrbartonmaths have helpful reminders of the topics you have learnt in gcse maths.
So pretty much i should REVISE everything in the hopes it either makes it on calculator or non calculator paper?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gtty123)
So pretty much i should REVISE everything in the hopes it either makes it on calculator or non calculator paper?
Exactly.
After the exam, Make a note of what topics are on paper 1 as it gives a strong clue as to what is left for paper 2 and then paper 3.
gtty123
Rep:
?
Ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
16.27%
I'm not sure (8)
3.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (91)
36.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.59%
I'm not a current university student (108)
42.86%

Watched Threads