The Student Room Group

How do you ensure that you actually get an interview from an employer?

A lot of people are applying for jobs and trying to get their hands on some extra cash in and around the time of their education. But how do you actually ensure that you seem interesting enough for them to invite you back to see them? post what you did below to ensure that you had a call back!
(edited 6 years ago)
Following this thread because I sure as hell cant get one lol
(edited 6 years ago)
You can't ensure it I'm afraid. You just have to make yourself look good for the job as possible
If there is a way you can ensure it I am all ears (I really want a job)
Reply 4
You need to seem desirable to the employer. But, 7/10 times they’re looking for a certain age/gender/skilled person. Usually, doing small customer service courses in college or school will make you look desirable and more employable. You also need to seem confident for any job. Make sure that you have expert skills that seem important for said job.

And when in doubt, try Primark, because they’ll basically hire anyone. You can look up interview questions on glassdoor.com. :smile:
Make yourself look as suitable as possible - if you're sending in a CV you need to tailor it to emphasise anything relevant to their business and the job you're going for.

E.g. If you're going for a customer service job make sure your CV says something about how you loved giving great customer service in your last job... or if you've no previous experience at least say that you're a cheerful and helpful person.
Reply 6
Original post by ej2345
You need to seem desirable to the employer. But, 7/10 times they’re looking for a certain age/gender/skilled person. Usually, doing small customer service courses in college or school will make you look desirable and more employable. You also need to seem confident for any job. Make sure that you have expert skills that seem important for said job.

And when in doubt, try Primark, because they’ll basically hire anyone. You can look up interview questions on glassdoor.com. :smile:

It looks like that you forgot to switch to your alt account.
Reply 7
Original post by stoyfan
It looks like that you forgot to switch to your alt account.

Nah lol just wanted to post something to make my post go to the top 😂😂😂
Have a banging CV
following this thread too lol can't get any either
You can't.
Original post by ej2345
Nah lol just wanted to post something to make my post go to the top 😂😂😂

Oh lol.
Original post by ej2345
A lot of people are applying for jobs and trying to get their hands on some extra cash in and around the time of their education. But how do you actually ensure that you seem interesting enough for them to invite you back to see them? post what you did below to ensure that you had a call back!

There is no 'definite' way of securing a job interview per se. You have to make sure your CV or application stands out; make sure your CV is tailored for the named Managing Director so it doesn't look as though you are applying for so many roles elsewhere. Basically your application shouldn't be too generic.
Also make sure you meet most of the requirements in the job/person specification and explain why you should be the person they should hire in the end. Although this method was how I got my interviews and eventually - offers, it is not a guarantee that they will call you back to invite you in for an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending