The Student Room Group

Can I ask a stupid question about remarks?

I was wondering what happens to your offer if you get a remark for an A level paper. Say if your offer was ABB and you got ABC and you request a remark, does the uni hold your place until it comes back or what?
Hopefully I won't need any remarks, but no one I've asked seems to know what happens in this case, and I figured it might be good to know just in case.
Most universities will hold you place but only for a specific period of time. That is why A level students are advice to get a priority remark. So their exam papers get remarked first.
Original post by Art_o'brien
Most universities will hold you place but only for a specific period of time. That is why A level students are advice to get a priority remark. So their exam papers get remarked first.

Ah, ok. I have heard of priority remarks, it's good to know there's a solution. Thank you!
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I was wondering what happens to your offer if you get a remark for an A level paper. Say if your offer was ABB and you got ABC and you request a remark, does the uni hold your place until it comes back or what?
Hopefully I won't need any remarks, but no one I've asked seems to know what happens in this case, and I figured it might be good to know just in case.

Depends on the University - but most generally will hold your place until the result comes back in. On the day, call your university, inform of them that you're getting a remark and ask them to hold the place.

When requesting a remark ask for the priority remark service (or equivalent - I do not remember the name of the service exactly) - that'll basically get your paper remarked as quickly as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest