The Student Room Group

Biomedical science internships and job opportunities

Hi there, I am in need of some advice! Currently I am in my last year of my biomedical science undergraduate degree and desperately needing some help on how to obtain a summer internship in a medical laboratory either during my studies or afterwards. Unfortunately I am South African and thus I am looking for an internship that accepts international students (I do have a European passport however I am not sure that would change anything). I do intend to further my studies however I would like to work and gain some experience first. Does any one know of any undergraduate summer internships or full time internship positions in laboratories anywhere in U.S or UK (or anywhere else in Europe) that would consider an international student?The prospects for people having studied biomedical science seems so depressing and it makes it extremely difficult to stay motivated, although I am passionate about what I am studying, I am concerned as to how I am going to financially support myself in this field. Does anyone have any other ideas on what opportunities become available when you have a biomedical science degree? Any guidance would be helpful!
Original post by saskia_08
Hi there, I am in need of some advice! Currently I am in my last year of my biomedical science undergraduate degree and desperately needing some help on how to obtain a summer internship in a medical laboratory either during my studies or afterwards. Unfortunately I am South African and thus I am looking for an internship that accepts international students (I do have a European passport however I am not sure that would change anything). I do intend to further my studies however I would like to work and gain some experience first. Does any one know of any undergraduate summer internships or full time internship positions in laboratories anywhere in U.S or UK (or anywhere else in Europe) that would consider an international student?The prospects for people having studied biomedical science seems so depressing and it makes it extremely difficult to stay motivated, although I am passionate about what I am studying, I am concerned as to how I am going to financially support myself in this field. Does anyone have any other ideas on what opportunities become available when you have a biomedical science degree? Any guidance would be helpful!

To have a career in this field you need more than just a bachelors degree unfortunately as you have rightly said. You really need to do your own research and look for opportunities. Having a European passport will make a big differences as it is very difficult to get a visa for work for non-EU students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending