Renrose
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!
Would someone mind summarising what I need to do for each English lit AO for OCR AS Level in response to a Shakespeare essay? AO 4 and 5 in particular.
They are as follows:
AO1 Articulate informed, personal and creative responses to literary texts, using associated
concepts and terminology, and coherent, accurate written expression.
AO2 Analyse ways in which meanings are shaped in literary texts.
AO3 Demonstrate understanding of the significance and influence of the contexts in which literary
texts are written and received.
AO4 Explore connections across literary texts.
AO5 Explore literary texts informed by different interpretations.
Thank you
masha1995
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For Shakespeare it's Part a) AO2-75%/AO3-25% and Part b) AO1-50%/AO5-50%, so you don't need AO4 for Shakespeare as that will only be needed for the comparison between two texts essays. AO5 is basically using critical interpretations/quotes and different interpretations over time (a contemporary audience wouldn't react to certain scenes and jokes in the same way as we would).
Renrose
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by masha1995)
For Shakespeare it's Part a) AO2-75%/AO3-25% and Part b) AO1-50%/AO5-50%, so you don't need AO4 for Shakespeare as that will only be needed for the comparison between two texts essays. AO5 is basically using critical interpretations/quotes and different interpretations over time (a contemporary audience wouldn't react to certain scenes and jokes in the same way as we would).
Ah okay brilliant Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.5%
I'm not sure (46)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (29)
2.75%
I'm not a current university student (515)
48.82%

Watched Threads