The Student Room Group

GCSE English Lit online course, Edexcel or AQA?

I have failed my English two years ago and decide to re-take it again. I was looking up online which sites are good but I am torn between ICS and OOL. First sis because ICS offer Edexcel, I'm not really familiar with this one but seeing all the reviews, it really is the most logical one to chose. OOL offers AQA which I'm really familiar with but the thing is the reviews gave me a second thought. It's not bad reviews, in my opinion it's fairly good but I just need opinion from anyone who have taken these sites before.
I did the AQA English Lit and I don't think it is difficult. From my experience it was easy and fun considering I never really liked English that much. Would recommend you get a taster session or something similar to get a feel for both of them and choose one which you then think is better suited to you.
Reply 2
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I did the AQA English Lit and I don't think it is difficult. From my experience it was easy and fun considering I never really liked English that much. Would recommend you get a taster session or something similar to get a feel for both of them and choose one which you then think is better suited to you.

That sounds sensible, I'm just torn between the website. AQA was okay but it really depends on the websites of which would give the best course. That's why I'm having a second thought.
Reply 3
My experience with ICS was a few years ago (and only as an exams officer trying to help private candidates studying with them) but I was shocked at how bad they were. Have a look for recent reviews of them before signing up. OOL seemed considerably better at the time.
Reply 4
I’ve see the reviews for ICS and all of it are 5 stars, but I’m not confident at taking Edexcel and OOL seems good as well but they said that there might be a problem with the tutors.
Reply 5
OOL seems to be working for me because it is AQA, as I find the lessons easier to understand. Though ICS have really good reviews, but that alone doesn’t ease my mind.

Quick Reply

Latest