The Student Room Group

Help me name an old-school Kids Show!

I can't remember what it was called. All I remember is that it had huge props, as if the contestants were very very small. An example of this is a task in which they were required to find objects in a giant cereal bowl. It had a kick ass high fidelity soundtrack.

It was on in the mid 90's. Anyone remember it? It wasn't Fun-House, that's for sure.

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure; I don't think it was Funhouse.
Reply 2
Heh, I think I remember that.

Fun house, however, was awesome though! I used to want to play in there haha.
Reply 3
This sounds like the show "Incredible Games". It was broadcast between 1994-1995 (two series) by the BBC. It included a variety of games, performed by contestants between the ages of 11 and 14. The show itself was set in a fictional skyscraper, with a talking lift.

The aim of the show was to complete each game (set on a "floor" of the skyscraper), gradually rising up the tower, until finally reaching the penthouse, where prizes could be won. If a player lost a game, they were sent to the "basement" of the tower (the laundry room), and the other players had to take the lift back down to rescue them.

Two of the more famous games were the alphabet soup game, where giant letters had to fished out of swimming pool (supposedly a soupbowl) to make words on the "fridge", and the "Dark Knight game". In this game, the contestants had to move from square to square on a chess board until they reached the end. The catch was that the "dark knight" was attempting to stop them. Fortunately for the players, he could only see where they had been, not where they were.
yes, Incredible Games!! I loved that show, yeah!
What was the show, think it was on bbc1 about 10 years ago, and the contestants were in 2 teams...there was a giant breakfast game where they had to tunnel through a toast rack and break through the toast, then something about giant bits of bacon and egg...was it get your own back or something else?
Reply 6
lily_blue3
What was the show, think it was on bbc1 about 10 years ago, and the contestants were in 2 teams...there was a giant breakfast game where they had to tunnel through a toast rack and break through the toast, then something about giant bits of bacon and egg...was it get your own back or something else?

Either GYOB, or 50/50. More likely.
Reply 7
lily_blue3

i remember that! i'm pretty sure it was get your own back though i might be wrong- loved it!!
Reply 8
I also remember a programme where someone had to complete a maze (including jumps etc), and the team mates of that person were watching via a TV screen and giving assistance and instructions.
WoWZa
I also remember a programme where someone had to complete a maze (including jumps etc), and the team mates of that person were watching via a TV screen and giving assistance and instructions.

was it the Crystal Maze?
Reply 10
username62978
was it the Crystal Maze?

Heh, no but I found out what it was. Crystal Maze was awesome too! It would have been (and still would be) so fun to play hide and seek in that place.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
WoWZa

Knightmare!!! :smile:
Eve was framed
I remember a programme with a turkey and they used to speak funny; none of my friends remember.... please tell me I havent just made this up... please! :smile:

When I read this a picture of a Turkey eating too much of something and going 'gobble gobble' (Turkey noise lol) whilst running around. I hate it when I can't remember things because I'll about it all night now!
I remember a programme/series about backpacks who talked and stuff...the zips moved to make their mouth and stuff, and it really freaked me out. think it was Rainbow but was too young to really remember the plot or anything.
lily_blue3
I remember a programme/series about backpacks who talked and stuff...the zips moved to make their mouth and stuff, and it really freaked me out. think it was Rainbow but was too young to really remember the plot or anything.

There was something like that on Wizadora.
Reply 15
I never watched incredible games :frown: I liked fun house though.
OMG INCREDIBLE GAMES!!!!

That was AMAZING. They used to play that chess game as well right? I can;t remember , that was one of the best shows ever.
Reply 17
I miss finders keepers. And Wizadora =(
I loved finders keepers and I have a video of Wizardora so I can watch it whenever I want.........not that I do.
Reply 19
Balky_Bear
I loved finders keepers and I have a video of Wizardora so I can watch it whenever I want.........not that I do.

lol I am jealous. I'm sure though that if I watched either again I'd think they were pants. I found an episode of zzzap on Youtube, and it just wasn't as good as I remembered it to be :frown:

Latest