The Student Room Group

Arkwright engineering scholarship 2018

Hi everyone I am applying for an arkwright scholarship and I love engineering and design however I am really worried as for the application you have to write about a project that you have done however I dont understand how technical/mechanical the project has to be because I have never done a proper technical one before and I have to do one in order to have something to write about, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to do and if anyone has any tips for the application process?? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Georgia567
Hi everyone I am applying for an arkwright scholarship and I love engineering and design however I am really worried as for the application you have to write about a project that you have done however I dont understand how technical/mechanical the project has to be because I have never done a proper technical one before and I have to do one in order to have something to write about, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to do and if anyone has any tips for the application process?? Thanks :smile:

This might help

http://www.arkwright.org.uk/how-to-apply/example-projects
Reply 2
Thanks! Do we have to have made a prototype for the prject or is it enough if I just design it?
For the application your designs would be enough, however if you get to interview it would be good to have a physical prototype but not essential again a well designed project you can talk about and answer questions on is ok.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest