PGDE - Interviews 2018 entry Watch

LauraSinclair
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey!!

I had my first interview at Strathclyde yesterday, I am honestly clueless on how it went. They said we would be emailed yesterday if we did poorly, so at least I have passed the first hurdle.

Does anybody have experience on how long it takes to hear back? This is the uni I REALLY want to go to - but it was also my first interview!
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there!:hi:

I've popped your thread into this sub-forum so you should hopefully get the replies you're after.

MR
RosieEcilo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I’m applying for 2018 entry ! I’m so nervous about the interviews can you please tell me how it was structured? What was asked? Help.
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=RosieEcilo;75161894]Hi! I’m applying for 2018 entry ! I’m so nervous about the interviews can you please tell me how it was structured? What was asked? When did you find out about your interview? I applied a week ago.
LauraSinclair
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
[QUOTE=RosieEcilo;75162060]
(Original post by RosieEcilo)
Hi! I’m applying for 2018 entry ! I’m so nervous about the interviews can you please tell me how it was structured? What was asked? When did you find out about your interview? I applied a week ago.

Hi! I applied the day applications opened.

I heard back at the end of November but interviews didn't start till Monday. The next ones I believe are January then March.

It was a 5 minute presentation on a topic of your choice in front of 9 applicants and 2 interviewers, then a discussion with them all on the topic you are set, you will get told what it is in your email, then a wee multiple choice test thing!!

Good luck!!!!
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much! That helps so so much. What did you do your topic on?? When will you hear back??? I’m hoping I get an interview at least x
Holly_Dolly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IF you don’t mind me asking, what did you do your presentation on? I have no idea what to do mine on and I have have interview next week haha
ds3rm
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To help the last two posters in this thread - I did my presentation on a musician I like, most did teaching from what I recall. Most of them have roles in support in schools so that made sense for them, but to me I didn't feel knowledgeable enough to do that.

Pick something you are interested in and present it the best you can! You will be made to feel welcome when you get in the room with your group.

I have yet to hear back, but my friend heard back a couple days later with an offer. I emailed into them and was told I am still to be considered, so I'm in the maybe pile for now.
AlbaCal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ds3rm)
To help the last two posters in this thread - I did my presentation on a musician I like, most did teaching from what I recall. Most of them have roles in support in schools so that made sense for them, but to me I didn't feel knowledgeable enough to do that.

Pick something you are interested in and present it the best you can! You will be made to feel welcome when you get in the room with your group.

I have yet to hear back, but my friend heard back a couple days later with an offer. I emailed into them and was told I am still to be considered, so I'm in the maybe pile for now.
Thanks a lot! That's very helpful. What other topics did the rest of applicants choose? I have my interview on the 6th and I have absolutely no clue! Thanks again
Stella Silver
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was made an online offer by Stathclyde for PGDE Secondary 2 weeks ago, and track has still not updated with the offer, anybody else having this problem and know if there is normally a delay like this (presuming they are just backlogged in admissions)?
catwomanishere
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stella Silver)
I was made an online offer by Stathclyde for PGDE Secondary 2 weeks ago, and track has still not updated with the offer, anybody else having this problem and know if there is normally a delay like this (presuming they are just backlogged in admissions)?
Well done with the offer!! Do you know if they're finished with interviews now or inviting people to interviews?
Stella Silver
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No sorry I dont know if interviews are still running or not.
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stella hi! WhT subject?,
krajicek_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, there was a delay of a week for mine but I wouldn't worry too much about that if you've received the email from Strathclyde - suppose it just depends how busy they are and they will be very busy just now!
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by krajicek_)
Hi, there was a delay of a week for mine but I wouldn't worry too much about that if you've received the email from Strathclyde - suppose it just depends how busy they are and they will be very busy just now!
what subject have you guys been offered a place for?
krajicek_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RosieEcilo)
what subject have you guys been offered a place for?
business for me
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
business for me
ah okay, business are on the ball. still waiting for modern studies
catwomanishere
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
business for me
Congratulations on the offer! Do you know if they're still interviewing for Business?
krajicek_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by catwomanishere)
Congratulations on the offer! Do you know if they're still interviewing for Business?
thanks! I've no idea, but they did say they would be interviewing for a few more months yet and mines was at the beginning of January so I would guess they'll be interviewing into March maybe further.
catwomanishere
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=krajicek_;75977114]thanks! I've no idea, but they did say they would be interviewing for a few more months yet and mines was at the beginning of January so I would guess they'll be interviewing into March maybe further

Thanks. There might be hope yet!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%