The Student Room Group

I need help and fast

Smh I am so f***** up I have a Physics Mock Exam tomorrow for GCSE's and I haven't revised. It's almost 9pm here and I'm gonna start revising for the next 2 hours. What can I do to make the most of these 2 hours? I'm aiming for at least a grade 6 in the exam (I know I haven't revised but I am still aiming for that despite me being so f***** up in the head.) Any suggestions? Please let me know asap, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by xFuturistic
Smh I am so f***** up I have a Physics Mock Exam tomorrow for GCSE's and I haven't revised. It's almost 9pm here and I'm gonna start revising for the next 2 hours. What can I do to make the most of these 2 hours? I'm aiming for at least a grade 6 in the exam (I know I haven't revised but I am still aiming for that despite me being so f***** up in the head.) Any suggestions? Please let me know asap, thanks.

yeah pal, just bare in mind that they are mocks.

I pulled an all nighter for the gcse physics exam last year and got an A.

You can do it just read through the study guides/text books - gcses are just memory tests.
Reply 2
Started revising for my REAL gcse physics like 3 hours before the paper and I got an A*... obviously don’t copy me, that’s an awful technique, but what I did was just read through my entire revision guide and make brief notes on formulas and any particularly tricky topics. Remember it’s just a mock as well & if it goes badly use it as an opportunity to see what you need to learn or revise in more depth.
Reply 3
Go through mark schemes and question papers and try and learn it from there. Really does help :smile:
Why only 2 hours? If you've yet to do any revision, an extra 8 hours of work will be more beneficial that 8 hours of sleep.
Reply 5
Original post by Student-95
Why only 2 hours? If you've yet to do any revision, an extra 8 hours of work will be more beneficial that 8 hours of sleep.

For the past week I barely got any sleep because I was revising because my stupid self was procrastinating, and plus, it's just past half 9 now.
Reply 6
Original post by LRxS
Started revising for my REAL gcse physics like 3 hours before the paper and I got an A*... obviously don’t copy me, that’s an awful technique, but what I did was just read through my entire revision guide and make brief notes on formulas and any particularly tricky topics. Remember it’s just a mock as well & if it goes badly use it as an opportunity to see what you need to learn or revise in more depth.

But I'm not very strong at Physics, so I don't think that's going to help
For the past week I barely got any sleep because I was revising because my stupid self was procrastinating, and plus, it's just past half 9 now.

Well if you've already done lots of revision then address your weaknesses. Have you memorised the formulas you need? If not, do that. Which areas do you lose marks on in practice papers? Focus on them.
I would definitely focus on the maths element as it is a big part of physics and that way your killing two birds with one stone as in revising for maths at the same time and make sure you look at exemplar answers for the big mark questions (was 6 marks for the old spec)
Reply 9
But I'm not very strong at Physics, so I don't think that's going to help

I’m awful at Physics as well, trust me. It really is just trying to remember all the processes in as much detail as possible; to be honest, you don’t even really need to understand it that well. Again try to keep your cool and remember it’s only a mock; you’ll do better spending 2 hours using your usual revision techniques than looking on TSR for a miracle one that doesn’t work. Good luck mate :smile:
Original post by LRxS
I’m awful at Physics as well, trust me. It really is just trying to remember all the processes in as much detail as possible; to be honest, you don’t even really need to understand it that well. Again try to keep your cool and remember it’s only a mock; you’ll do better spending 2 hours using your usual revision techniques than looking on TSR for a miracle one that doesn’t work. Good luck mate

haha thanks mate, I'll be telling you tomorrow how the paper went :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest