username3684286
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Got my mocks back yesterday and to be honest i have no clue whether theyre good or bad.This is what i got.
Biology-6
Business Studies-B
Chemistry-7
English Language-8
English Literature-7
German -3
Geography-6
P.E -5
Physics-7
Maths-8
I averaged a 6.3 and could anyone give me tips to get a 7.7 by may. Thx in advance
xFuturistic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ronessi100)
Got my mocks back yesterday and to be honest i have no clue whether theyre good or bad.This is what i got.
Biology-6
Business Studies-B
Chemistry-7
English Language-8
English Literature-7
German -3
Geography-6
P.E -5
Physics-7
Maths-8
I averaged a 6.3 and could anyone give me tips to get a 7.7 by may. Thx in advance
Well done on your grades! They're quite good seeing as it was only Mock exams. To enhance your grades by May, carry on revising. I suggest start now and just revise revise revise then do plent of practice papers and you'll be fine. Start focusing on your weaker subjects earlier, then progress to your stronger ones. Hope this helps!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
those grades are great!

if you get your papers to at least look back on then make notes on areas of weakness. if not, just keep revising; unless you've revised pretty much all of the content you've covered so far. practice exam questions will help with technique corbettmaths and mathsgenie is great for maths practice.
languages, make flashcards, revise vocab, structures... anything that'll help. invest in a revision guide perhaps so you can do some practice questions.
your english grades are really good, so whatever revision technique you're using [if you are] must be working; just remember to revise quotes and just understanding the study texts.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Biology-6
Business Studies-B
Chemistry-7
English Language-8
English Literature-7
German -3
Geography-6
P.E -5
Physics-7
Maths-8
Not bad at all considering you're looking to get 7s/8s.

Pay particular attention to German and PE, perhaps over christmas.
username3684286
Rep:
?
Thx for the feebdback guys.
Loralite
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Biology-6
Business Studies-B
Chemistry-7
English Language-8
English Literature-7
German -3
Geography-6
P.E -5
Physics-7
Maths-8
Well done, those are pretty good!! I'd focus on the German, and maybe try past papers (from old syllabus) and flashcards for learning vocab before the exams

Also with geography I'd definitely recommend past papers and making sure you know all your case studies for those 8 markers (if still the same)

You seem pretty strong on maths and english language - did you get a high 8 or a lower one? You could potentially try and drive those towards the nine by focusing on any parts of the syllabus (particularly maths) you're not so sure about and making sure to ask teachers for advice

Good luck and again, well done
username3684286
Rep:
?
(Original post by CompSci2018)
Well done, those are pretty good!! I'd focus on the German, and maybe try past papers (from old syllabus) and flashcards for learning vocab before the exams

Also with geography I'd definitely recommend past papers and making sure you know all your case studies for those 8 markers (if still the same)

You seem pretty strong on maths and english language - did you get a high 8 or a lower one? You could potentially try and drive those towards the nine by focusing on any parts of the syllabus (particularly maths) you're not so sure about and making sure to ask teachers for advice

Good luck and again, well done
Thx for the tips and surprisingly i got a high 8 doing some last minute revision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads