The Student Room Group

Am I an obsessive thinker or is this normal

Every day pretty much morning to night, all of my ex flames pop into my head, some more than others. Even ones I broke up with. Even ones from years ago who I have no feelings towards. I'm not friends with any of them so it's not that they're in my circle but I'm still thinking about them all. Doesn't matter how hectic my life is. Obviously if I'm out with friends I'm not going to be thinking about them all the time, but in the hours when I'm on my own, I do normally think about them.

An ex told me he thinks about me all the time but I still can't imagine anyone thinking about their exes as much as I do.

Maybe this will only stop when I'm in another relationship but I don't want another one for a while.
Yeah, it happens to me, too. I am currently in a relationship but recently I remembered how close I was to a guy last year, and when I saw his feelings grew bigger ( I only saw him as a friend), I abruptly cut him off, didn't reply to his messages, blocked him, etc which I now realise how rude it was. I don't understand how immature I could have been, he deserved an explanation; I feel so bad right now for doing that to him, he was very hurt as he sent me a depressing text several months after.

The thing was that we met randomly on a social app, and talked a lot as it was summer and had nothing else to do. We had a nice connection, talked about anything, laughed, but when I met him in person, I felt weird, like I had better kept this relationship only on the Internet. Maybe we talked too much before meeting face to face, I wasn't even familiar with his voice, so maybe that's why something felt wrong?

Anyways, I checked on him and saw he has been in a relationship, I hope he's happy and stuff. I was wondering though if I should apologize to him, because only now I am aware of how I treated him. Is it too late and weird? Would this trigger him so he'd want to talk again like old times? Also, my boyfriend wouldn't be happy if he heard about this idea.

So yeah, I definitely don't have feelings for him, but he somehow popped into my mind and made me feel remorseful and confused. I guess social aspects being an important part in our lives tend to conquer our running minds.
Original post by Anonymous
Every day pretty much morning to night, all of my ex flames pop into my head, some more than others. Even ones I broke up with. Even ones from years ago who I have no feelings towards. I'm not friends with any of them so it's not that they're in my circle but I'm still thinking about them all. Doesn't matter how hectic my life is. Obviously if I'm out with friends I'm not going to be thinking about them all the time, but in the hours when I'm on my own, I do normally think about them.

An ex told me he thinks about me all the time but I still can't imagine anyone thinking about their exes as much as I do.

Maybe this will only stop when I'm in another relationship but I don't want another one for a while.

Perhaps not all my exes but exes and girls who I feel like I wasted an opportunity with run through my head often, when I am not busy so doing work with little distraction and boredom I think about what we had, what could have been etc.
Can't help what you think so if you are keeping as busy as you can do I would not worry (:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, it happens to me, too. I am currently in a relationship but recently I remembered how close I was to a guy last year, and when I saw his feelings grew bigger ( I only saw him as a friend), I abruptly cut him off, didn't reply to his messages, blocked him, etc which I now realise how rude it was. I don't understand how immature I could have been, he deserved an explanation; I feel so bad right now for doing that to him, he was very hurt as he sent me a depressing text several months after.

The thing was that we met randomly on a social app, and talked a lot as it was summer and had nothing else to do. We had a nice connection, talked about anything, laughed, but when I met him in person, I felt weird, like I had better kept this relationship only on the Internet. Maybe we talked too much before meeting face to face, I wasn't even familiar with his voice, so maybe that's why something felt wrong?

Anyways, I checked on him and saw he has been in a relationship, I hope he's happy and stuff. I was wondering though if I should apologize to him, because only now I am aware of how I treated him. Is it too late and weird? Would this trigger him so he'd want to talk again like old times? Also, my boyfriend wouldn't be happy if he heard about this idea.

So yeah, I definitely don't have feelings for him, but he somehow popped into my mind and made me feel remorseful and confused. I guess social aspects being an important part in our lives tend to conquer our running minds.

That was really entertaining to read. Felt like I was reading a book.

I want to say do message him but like you said what if his feelings come back and he becomes depressed again. I think the right thing would be to ask him for forgiveness and let him know that you are in a happy relationship and all you want is happiness for him. I think everyone deserves an explanation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending