The Student Room Group

How long to hear back?

Poll

Should I:

Due to a couple of things (mainly the reference) I only got the email from UCAS allowing me to track my application today (19th Dec), so it's presumably only recently been sent. At this stage I've accepted that I probably won't know until after Christmas, but does anyone know what the time window might be like?

I'd just look at when the unis start back up again, but I don't know if that applies to the application office and with two of them I'm having trouble using the sites (plus I don't know if the unis are properly shut down or if the non-students are working like normal and not going in bank holidays). And that still doesn't tell me when I might hear back, only when they reopen.

I've applied to Essex, Lincoln, Suffolk, Northampton and Leicester if it makes a difference, and all English based courses, which is why I put it in this forum.
Original post by thaliaevelyn
Due to a couple of things (mainly the reference) I only got the email from UCAS allowing me to track my application today (19th Dec), so it's presumably only recently been sent. At this stage I've accepted that I probably won't know until after Christmas, but does anyone know what the time window might be like?

I'd just look at when the unis start back up again, but I don't know if that applies to the application office and with two of them I'm having trouble using the sites (plus I don't know if the unis are properly shut down or if the non-students are working like normal and not going in bank holidays). And that still doesn't tell me when I might hear back, only when they reopen.

I've applied to Essex, Lincoln, Suffolk, Northampton and Leicester if it makes a difference, and all English based courses, which is why I put it in this forum.

I can't answer your question directly, but I'd just like to say that you have nothing to worry about. You've sent your application well before the UCAS deadline, so the universities you've applied for will get back to you as soon as possible and you'll be treated in the exact same way as say, someone that applied as soon as UCAS opened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending