Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm picking
bio
chem
geo
psych
How hard are these when compared to GCSE?
If you have studied, Which do you think would be hardest?
Thanks for any help🤗
username3585844
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Schoolquestions)
I'm picking
bio
chem
geo
psych
Thanks for any help🤗
All A-Levels are harder than GCSE.The Sciences are all as hard as each other, some of the topics you will have covered at GCSE so the subject you had the highest GCSE grade in you might find easier. Thorough revision of them though should make life much easier for yourself.
Schoolquestions
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
(Original post by iTzYoBoY)
All A-Levels are harder than GCSE.The Sciences are all as hard as each other, some of the topics you will have covered at GCSE so the subject you had the highest GCSE grade in you might find easier. Thorough revision of them though should make life much easier for yourself.
thanks. these are all the subjects I'm doing best at (even though science I usually get 7s (still an a grade) but sometimes I slip into 6s (Bs) which I'm not happy about. I hope revision will help me secure higher grades
username3585844
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thanks. these are all the subjects I'm doing best at (even though science I usually get 7s (still an a grade) but sometimes I slip into 6s (Bs) which I'm not happy about. I hope revision will help me secure higher grades
They're still good grades, you have a good chance of getting through them with secure revision. (I only know A-Level Chemistry is hard because I've studied that subject and there's a whole new syllabus so half of the stuff won't even make sense to you).
Schoolquestions
Rep:
?
They're still good grades, you have a good chance of getting through them with secure revision. (I only know A-Level Chemistry is hard because I've studied that subject and there's a whole new syllabus so half of the stuff won't even make sense to you).
yeah chemistry is what I'm most nervous about since I don't enjoy it as much as the other subjects. What exam board did you do?
username3585844
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah chemistry is what I'm most nervous about since I don't enjoy it as much as the other subjects. What exam board did you do?
The exam board was AQA at GCSE but for some reason, changes to WJEC at A-Level.
Schoolquestions
Rep:
?
The exam board was AQA at GCSE but for some reason, changes to WJEC at A-Level.
I'm doing aqa bio and chem now too. Might change to OCR. I've heard WJEC isn't too bad, did you get a good grade?
chocochip_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do Bio Psych and Chem and I’m in year 13, if you have any specific questions you can PM me
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm picking
bio
chem
geo
psych
Thanks for any help🤗
Out of them I only do chem. but from my friends I know with geography when you get set your nea start on it quickly and get it done. Don’t be that person who still hasn’t finished when the deadline looms.
just why?
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i got A*s in bio chem maths in gcse and still was sure i was gonna fail them right till end of a level lol
Schoolquestions
Rep:
?
(Original post by just why?)
i got A*s in bio chem maths in gcse and still was sure i was gonna fail them right till end of a level lol
yikes 😂 I've heard it's really tough some people say teachers don't matter. do you agree?
just why?
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yikes 😂 I've heard it's really tough some people say teachers don't matter. do you agree?
yes but maybe except maths...
username3482002
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m doing ALevel bio,chem and maths rn. I did AS physics but I had to drop it cause it was sooo difficult(it was interesting tho). Bio you need a good memory (it can be quite boring as well) and chem I find very easy (IMO).
username3585844
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing aqa bio and chem now too. Might change to OCR. I've heard WJEC isn't too bad, did you get a good grade?
I'm in Year 12. I dropped Chemistry a while ago because of how hard it was and it wasn't an ideal alternative to Physics (which was in another school)
Rohit_Guptha
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A level chemistry is ****ing hard to be fair. I do the new spec aqa, id say the new spec is so much harder its well annoying. Time of flight is always a common question and it is so much more maths based. Biology is lots of content i do ocr a and its just so much you have to learn. Ngl, if you are doing chem, good maths skills really help, and also, for ocr a bio you have to choose the right resources and revise like from day 1 - keep making notes/ flashcards and keep making sure you know everything on the spec before the exam and done all the papers. For biology, tailoredtutors is good. For chemistry, chemrevise is sick
SongBird2020
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think you have a choice? Don't you have to just do whatever exam board your school/college chooses? If not, then you are lucky.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.03%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (10)
15.15%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.15%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
37.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed