The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
need_money
Do u believe there is a God out there? Explain y u think this. :smile:

Nah I dont. And its too late and im too tired to come up with a substantial argument :tongue:
Reply 2
I personally dont believe there is any god. i believe in the "big bang" and evolution :smile:
Reply 3
need_money
I personally dont believe there is any god. i believe in the "big bang" and evolution :smile:

Yar...I do to, generally. Although id like to think im a pretty open mined person so im not excluding everything else :biggrin:
Reply 4
need_money

Those aren't proofs against the existence of god.
No, because I have no need to.
Reply 6
spk
Those aren't proofs against the existence of god.

yeah but i dont see how there could be a "higher power" tht jst appeared from no where 2 create the universe. who was there 2 make the god? no1. an if there was who was there 2 make the thing 2 make god? it goes on 4eva like tht.
Yes. No scientific explanation just faith.
Reply 8
need_money
yeah but i dont see how there could be a "higher power" tht jst appeared from no where 2 create the universe. who was there 2 make the god? no1. an if there was who was there 2 make the thing 2 make god? it goes on 4eva like tht.

God is omnipresent and omnipotent. He was always there. Let there be light = the Big Bang.
Reply 9
spk
God is omnipresent and omnipotent. He was always there. Let there be light = the Big Bang.

but how did he GET there? evrythin has 2 be made. nothin jst appears out of thin air.
need_money
nothin jst appears out of thin air.

Rain does.
Reply 11
need_money
but how did he GET there? evrythin has 2 be made. nothin jst appears out of thin air.

How did the universe get there if God didn't create it then? By your argument, it also has to be made by something.
Reply 12
Danyul
Rain does.

Thats the angels weeing on us :tongue:
Reply 13
Danyul
Rain does.

no it doesnt it is evaporated water from the sea
Reply 14
need_money

So how did life get here? Some random chemicals just started replicating eachother out of thin air? It's divine intervention.

God is and always was.
need_money
no it doesnt it is evaporated water from the sea

Yes, but at this hour we aren't bothered with the specifics. It appears from the sky, thin air as it could be put! We do not notice it evaporating from the sea, and for this reason it does indeed appear from thin air.

I think God is one cool dude, not only did he create the whole wide world, but he also created skateboarding, and other cool stuff.

Imagine God on a skateboard, that'd be awesome.
Reply 16
Adhsur
How did the universe get there if God didn't create it then? By your argument, it also has to be made by something.

well yeh but i think the universe came about because of sumthin simailar 2 the big bang but theres nothin 2 explain the creation of god
Reply 17
Danyul
Yes, but at this hour we aren't bothered with the specifics. It appears from the sky, thin air as it could be put! We do not notice it evaporating from the sea, and for this reason it does indeed appear from thin air.

I think God is one cool dude, not only did he create the whole wide world, but he also created skateboarding, and other cool stuff.

Imagine God on a skateboard, that'd be awesome.

and thts anotha thing. oif god exists wot does he look like. if its even a guy or even a human. if god existed he could be like an alien or sumit :confused:
Reply 18
need_money
well yeh but i think the universe came about because of sumthin simailar 2 the big bang but theres nothin 2 explain the creation of god

Big bang only explains how matter infinitesimally small blew up and created what we have now. It doesn't explain how the tiny bit of matter got there in the first place.
Reply 19
need_money

But there's nothing to explain the Big Bang other than God. Energy and matter can't just be created from nothing - that's basic science. God is the reason for it all.