Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in a god? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingnancie)
    I believe in God cos i just KNOW he's there... i dont believe it could be properly scientifically proved or anything, or that theres any point because the best way you can have a secure believe that God is there is through properly experiencing him yourself and getting to know him, having him really get involved in your life, letting down all the boundaries and fears and crappy stereotypes of religion that youve been exposed to. its something quite undefinable and very personal
    Exactly! You can't see your heart but you know it's there because you can feel it beating in your chest - it's the same with God. You just know he's there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    Exactly! You can't see your heart but you know it's there because you can feel it beating in your chest - it's the same with God. You just know he's there!
    but ppl have actually seen the heart because we can open up some1's chest an see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    but ppl have actually seen the heart because we can open up some1's chest an see it.
    If you opened up your heart, you would soon find God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    If you opened up your heart, you would soon find God.
    Bit vague, how would you open your heart to find god. I feel that there is more sprititually but i dont agree with half of the bible and I feel anything with any of the large religions like Islam, buddism and hinduiam.
    I read a lot on wicca when i was a teen and a liked the idea of celebrating nature and what is around us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    Bit vague, how would you open your heart to find god. I feel that there is more sprititually but i dont agree with half of the bible and I feel anything with any of the large religions like Islam, buddism and hinduiam.
    I read a lot on wicca when i was a teen and a liked the idea of celebrating nature and what is around us
    Witchcraft is just another name for Satanism. Wiccans think they practice white witchcraft but the devil has deceived them.

If you have any occult or New Age items in your home, destroy them all in the name of Jesus and never buy them again.

Buy yourself a Bible and start reading the New Testament so that you can know Jesus better. Exchange your corruption for God's holy word.

God is divine and so is His word. The highest level that man can reach is to agree with God's word. Study it and grow and live the abundant life that Jesus promised to all who obey Him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    Witchcraft is just another name for Satanism. Wiccans think they practice white witchcraft but the devil has deceived them.
    Says who?
    (Original post by spk)
    If you have any occult or New Age items in your home, destroy them all in the name of Jesus and never buy them again.
    Why should I destroy them. I like scented candles and crystals and dreamcatchers.
    (Original post by spk)
    Buy yourself a Bible and start reading the New Testament so that you can know Jesus better. Exchange your corruption for God's holy word.
    I read the bible. Old and new and thought it was crock. I hought it gave could morals some of the way but I am not going to start hating the homosexuals done my street and stop having sex even though I'm married.
    (Original post by spk)
    God is divine and so is His word. The highest level that man can reach is to agree with God's word. Study it and grow and live the abundant life that Jesus promised to all who obey Him.
    So unless I agree with all of Gods words, assuming that all of the bible is gods word, then I'll be happy ever after-i just dont think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I personally dont believe there is any god. i believe in the "big bang" and evolution
    I believe in God. "big bang" and evolution is wrong and can't be proved! There is evidence to back my fact but i cant be asked to type in all up here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    I believe in God. "big bang" and evolution is wrong and can't be proved! There is evidence to back my fact but i cant be asked to type in all up here.
    What about dinosaurs?

ReputationRep:
    I selected that i dont believe in a God, because I do not believe in a God as everyone else bvelieves in it. I believe that God exists in peoples minds. SPK here has it firmly implanted in his/her head that God exists, therefore to him/her he does. I believe the notion of a God was (as said before) created by humans to make it easier to die, to remove their fear as there will be someone (in some sence) that they 'know' after they die. As for the question of "where did the big bang come from" i've always leaned towards the idea that a previous universe was drwan into this tiny mass, and then promptly exploded causing the big band. I know, i know where did the first universe come from."Matter cannot be created or destroyed" one of the fundamental laws of science. My faith tells me to believe that, others faith tells them to believe a god created it.

The LUCK of the particles coming togeather in that way, i think is hardly divine. The particles come togeather in the way that best suited them at that time. Gambling is against the muslim religion, is that because this luck does not exist to them? Surely by your logic, as this is a false God, luck must is exist, therefore the universe could have been created by that same luck.

(damn this is turning into a long post)
    Also about the human evolution, if we had evolved to fly, but not smell, wouldnt you be saying God is so great for allowing us to fly? You not have been able to comprehend the idea of smell, therefore you would think this was the perfect way to have evolved?

just my thoughts ( ihave more, but i think this post is already to long, and i doubt anyone'll actually read it all)

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in a God as such, but I believe that there is such a thing as fate (everything happens for a reason). I don't know why I think that, just do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect." Mark 13:22

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to God.
    OMG. Why dont you just become a mormon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    What about dinosaurs?
    All over the world people have stories about dragons but they slowly went extinct. Stories of ancient encounters with dinosaurs/dragons are found in China, Thailand, including other parts of Asia, and in Roman, Russian, Germanic, Anglo-Saxon, North, South, and Central America, and across Africa too.

Carbon-14 dating of carbon buried in the same layer with dragon/dinosaur bones helps to confirm that they are really only thousands of years old. The myth-ions and myth-ions of years never happened; only in the past 200 years has it become fashionable to forget our true ancient history (of thousands of years) in favor of God-hating evolution. Evolution requires the belief in long epochs of supposed time and chance improvements.

Dragons and sea monsters have become mostly extinct prior to our modern era. By the way, there is evidence that they grew much larger prior to the Great Flood. Just as humans lived much longer (Genesis records ages of some people to have reached over 900 years!) so a reptile living much longer then could have grown much larger before the Flood - which is indeed what we see in the fossil record of the pre-Flood world.

Humans and lions live on Earth at the same time today. But we live in different places. Porpoises will ram sharks that come into their waters. So naturally then they also live in different places - while living at the same time. Why couldn't humans and dinosaurs have lived at the same time? They'd probably keep mostly separate and then get buried separately if there was a catastrophe. There are at least two places known today with human and dinosaur tracks in the same sedimentary layer: one is in Paluxy, Texas, the other in Eastern Turkmenistan. Plus we have the legends, from all inhabited continents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    All over the world people have stories about dragons but they slowly went extinct. Stories of ancient encounters with dinosaurs/dragons are found in China, Thailand, including other parts of Asia, and in Roman, Russian, Germanic, Anglo-Saxon, North, South, and Central America, and across Africa too.

Carbon-14 dating of carbon buried in the same layer with dragon/dinosaur bones helps to confirm that they are really only thousands of years old. The myth-ions and myth-ions of years never happened; only in the past 200 years has it become fashionable to forget our true ancient history (of thousands of years) in favor of God-hating evolution. Evolution requires the belief in long epochs of supposed time and chance improvements.

Dragons and sea monsters have become mostly extinct prior to our modern era. By the way, there is evidence that they grew much larger prior to the Great Flood. Just as humans lived much longer (Genesis records ages of some people to have reached over 900 years!) so a reptile living much longer then could have grown much larger before the Flood - which is indeed what we see in the fossil record of the pre-Flood world.

Humans and lions live on Earth at the same time today. But we live in different places. Porpoises will ram sharks that come into their waters. So naturally then they also live in different places - while living at the same time. Why couldn't humans and dinosaurs have lived at the same time? They'd probably keep mostly separate and then get buried separately if there was a catastrophe. There are at least two places known today with human and dinosaur tracks in the same sedimentary layer: one is in Paluxy, Texas, the other in Eastern Turkmenistan. Plus we have the legends, from all inhabited continents.

So its the museums starting the conspiracy to get us to pay to go see the bones!
    Why doesnt the bible ever talk about populations living in Australia and the Far East? What about the evidence of mitochondrial Eve living 200,000 years ago and the disappearence of the Y chromosome?

ReputationRep:
    I do believe in God, but I dont think he likes me, so Ive given up praying to him. I used to everyday, but all I got was pain in my life. Even though I was always faithful to him, why did he give me pain? He must hate me, so now I hate him too. I havent prayed for about 3 years now.

ReputationRep:
    i always believe in the following equation:

success = 98% swotting + 1.5% brain + 0.5% left for the prayers.

0.5% is minute, but its needed to complete everything

ReputationRep:
    yes i do

ReputationRep:
    No.

I have seen no good reason for believing in god. All arguments for seem to be taken from the spectrum of ignorance. The lowest point on this is the insistance that the bible is true, and the highest is the no proof for the big bang. One end is simply blind, the other is absolutly irrelivant and not totaly correct. There is far more proof for the big bang than there is for god, and even if the big bang is disproved, god is not the only alternative. Get a brain.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=pal_sch]No.
    Where's your proof that God doesn't exist? All your so-called evidence is just trying to show that the proof that God does exist is flawed but where is your scientific evidence that there is no God?

(Original post by pal_sch)
    I have seen no good reason for believing in god. All arguments for seem to be taken from the spectrum of ignorance. The lowest point on this is the insistance that the bible is true,
    The truth of the Bible has been confirmed countless times by archaeologists and historians. Also the modern texts are almost identical to the earliest known manuscripts. It seems that on the spectrum of ignorance, it is not the religious who are at the wrong end.

(Original post by pal_sch)
    and the highest is the no proof for the big bang. One end is simply blind, the other is absolutly irrelivant and not totaly correct. There is far more proof for the big bang than there is for god, and even if the big bang is disproved, god is not the only alternative. Get a brain.
    The proof for God is all around us. Do you think flowers would evolve with their beautiful colours and fragrant perfumes, just by random chance? Also the proof against the Big Bang is widely known. It fundamentally breaks the Second Law of Thermodynamics!

You shouldn't only use your brain but also your heart - then the truth of God's Word will be revealed to you.

ReputationRep:
    It is a pointless endeavour to try and prove/disprove God in terms of evidence of the world around you. Any such evidence has to at some point be intepreted by your senses and your senses are inherently unreliable (how can you *know* that what you perceive is the same as what really is). Thus any discussion of the Big Bang or Evolution is pointless.

To prove/disprove God you shoudl first turn to logic. There are countless logical arguments against omnipotence teh most famous and simplest of which is the 'can God limit his own power' one which goes traditionally as follows: 'Can God make a rock so big that even He can't lift it' if he can't build it then he's not omnipotnent and if he *can* build it it means he can't lift it which means he isn't omnipotent. Thus a contradiction appears.

Now before anyone says the Believer's counter argument is 'God is above logic' or somethign a long such lines. But if logic doesn't apply to God; in order to allow his existence then why bother worshipping him. It would be 'logical' to consider that God would want you to believe in Him, but it has been established that logic doesn't apply to God so really you may as well live as if he doesn't exist since you can never know the right course of action to 'please' an illogical enitity. for all you know your worshipping and belief may be enraging Him. This is why I don't believe in God.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, spk, you really are closed minded!! lol! Buddha is the true path to enlightenment.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.