The Student Room Group

Best way to learn vocab?

I’m sitting here with 2 100-page books of Spanish vocab in front of me, with a mock coming up in January. Any tips for me? How do YOU learn vocab?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Duolingo is good.
Original post by COYS...TTID
I’m sitting here with 2 100-page books of Spanish vocab in front of me, with a mock coming up in January. Any tips for me? How do YOU learn vocab?

Thanks!

The trick is, to not learn the vocab. Well, it worked for me and I managed to get an E.
Reply 3
Use memrise, revision guides, spanish vlogs.
Original post by COYS...TTID

Thanks!

Anki, memrise, quizlet
Writing things on post-its furiously saying it aloud to get it cemented in my brain

these all work :yy:
yh apps and websites like memrise quizlet and language perfect are great but normal flashcards on paper are also incredibly helpful and though they take longer to learn you learn them better, i advise getting quizzed by a friend/family at the end. also the classic which only works for some people just writing put the vocab over and over. split your vocab lists into chunks of around 20-30 vocab, learn two chunks, take a break, review them, learn 2 more chunks, take a break, review all the ones you have done, and so on. any really hard vocab stick it above ur dining table, on ur desk, near your bed, on ur school books and you will just remember those. also make up mock tests for urself with the vocab and write a mark scheme too that really helps me good luck x
I use Quizlet.com and I would definitely recommend it. I do French and Spanish A Level and it is partly why I am achieving A grades in them. You would need to enter all of the vocab yourself though, or, to save time, you could try to search for this set of vocabulary to see if someone has already typed it up.
Original post by okurr123
I use Quizlet.com and I would definitely recommend it. I do French and Spanish A Level and it is partly why I am achieving A grades in them. You would need to enter all of the vocab yourself though, or, to save time, you could try to search for this set of vocabulary to see if someone has already typed it up.

I rate this comment to eternity. Although I still got an E 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending