The Student Room Group

Mock results anxiety

Im so nervous about getting my mock results o did my last exam today i generally think i have flopped all my mocks im so scared because i did really bad in year 10 and my parents were dissapointed and if i do bad in these year 11 mocks i will be in so much trouble and i could get sent back to my homeland : Nigeria. And i really dont want. Everytime i think of mocks i cry because i i have done so bad i cant enjoy christmas or my birthday (27th of december) because of mocks i wanna die :frown:((
Just relax and start studying. Turn off your phone and TV and just focus on studying. You are studying for your future success. If you need help check online and ask teachers but control yourself so you aren't distracted.
Reply 2
Hey, we've always had our good times and bad times in life, but that doesn't mean you give up so easily! Look...I can tell you this for sure! I definitely know people who have done the worst in their y10 mocks and aced y11 with flying colours!! But how right!?... You know.. It all comes down to your ability. DO NOT STRESS as there is no benefit it that rather you could become depressed. Forget your past and move on, life has always got something special for you in the future, so strive to learn more and more, revise everyday and if you continue that, then 100% no doubt you will ACE y11'GCSE. So start from today and work hard. Success doesn't just come to your doorstep, you've gotta go get it
! TIE YOUR CAMEL meaning work hard to earn happiness, if you don't obviously, just leaving it won't benefit at all! So wish you all the best! Enjoy Christmas and don't stress at alllll!!
Don't worry as long as you revised and put your hard work into these mocks then at least you tried your best. Also, mocks are harder actual GCSE papers and explaining that to your parents, I am sure they will understand. For all your subjects do exam questions that will help very much as many students jumped for e.g. English from a grade 4 in the summer of year 10 to a grade 8 in the November mock, through revison and focus.
Reply 4
Original post by tinycharlie
Just relax and start studying. Turn off your phone and TV and just focus on studying. You are studying for your future success. If you need help check online and ask teachers but control yourself so you aren't distracted.

Thankyou I will
Reply 5
Original post by samira_1232
Don't worry as long as you revised and put your hard work into these mocks then at least you tried your best. Also, mocks are harder actual GCSE papers and explaining that to your parents, I am sure they will understand. For all your subjects do exam questions that will help very much as many students jumped for e.g. English from a grade 4 in the summer of year 10 to a grade 8 in the November mock, through revison and focus.

Thankyou I will
Reply 6
Do you think theres any point in asking a teacher if they would allow me to retake a mock?
Original post by superbambii
Do you think theres any point in asking a teacher if they would allow me to retake a mock?

Not really - mocks don't mean much.

They are harder as you don't know all of the content that you would when taking the real exams, don't have the same amount of time to revise etc etc.

Theres no harm in trying I think you should but it must under exam conditions.
Don’t worry:smile: Mocks are there to help you learn what you need to improve on, largely regarding exam technique. They have no effect on the overall GCSE, so if you do badly, it’s okay as you won’t make the same mistakes in the real thing:smile:
I got like As and Bs in my mocks but all A*s in the real GCSEs xx
Im so nervous about getting my mock results o did my last exam today i generally think i have flopped all my mocks im so scared because i did really bad in year 10 and my parents were dissapointed and if i do bad in these year 11 mocks i will be in so much trouble and i could get sent back to my homeland : Nigeria. And i really dont want. Everytime i think of mocks i cry because i i have done so bad i cant enjoy christmas or my birthday (27th of december) because of mocks i wanna die :frown:((

Mocks are important but only to give you motivation
I was pleasantly surprised with my mock results even though they were nearly all B's
This made me revise and I ended up with all A's and a few A*s!
You have so much time to improve between mocks and the real ones
Don't panic
When are you 16? They can’t force you to move after you turn 16. You can move out withought your parents consent
Original post by AnnaBanana2000
Don’t worry:smile: Mocks are there to help you learn what you need to improve on, largely regarding exam technique. They have no effect on the overall GCSE, so if you do badly, it’s okay as you won’t make the same mistakes in the real thing:smile:
I got like As and Bs in my mocks but all A*s in the real GCSEs xx

oh
ok thankyou xx

Quick Reply

Latest