The Student Room Group

How do you make the most of year 10?

Hi everyone, I'm in year 10 at the moment. I am doing the grade 9-1 GCSEs just so you know. I already started my GCSE in year 9 because our school wanted us to have an extra year. I just want to make sure that I don't waste anytime in year 10. I am already a grade 6 (C/B) grade in all my subjects, so I am aiming to get grade 8 and 9s (A/A*) grade in my actual year 11 GCSE.
Any tips to get these grade? I won't settle for anything less!
Don't die.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Don't get hit by a car like my friend did in year 8 (after his tutor was telling people about road safety...).
Make revision materials now so you have stuff to revise from in year 11 (I got pretty good grades, but I was making revision materials like the week before my exams and I don't think it really worked). When you finish a topic make cue cards about it, or mind maps or whatever works for you, just so you have a summary to look back on. I'd also recommend doing a lot of practise questions, chances are in an exam they'll repeat one you've already done!

I'd also make sure that you're healthy, eating a good diet, and sleeping enough. I had really bad anxiety over my exams and I got ill a lot in school, so staying healthy and making sure that mentally you're in a good place should also be a priority! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
Reply 4
Original post by Reviser101
Hi everyone, I'm in year 10 at the moment. I am doing the grade 9-1 GCSEs just so you know. I already started my GCSE in year 9 because our school wanted us to have an extra year. I just want to make sure that I don't waste anytime in year 10. I am already a grade 6 (C/B) grade in all my subjects, so I am aiming to get grade 8 and 9s (A/A*) grade in my actual year 11 GCSE.
Any tips to get these grade? I won't settle for anything less!

Hey, that excellent to hear! Let me tell you something, I did exactly this when I was in y10, everyday I would revise one page /topic of each subject, so maths, science, English, French etc. For 30 minutes each and whatever we would learn in school, I would come home and clear it into my brain once again. And lemi tell you what!! It worked which I was over the moon about. But DONT STESS TOO MUCH! like I said everyday revise, but not over the top, u know. Space it out and make a daily routine, what to do each day. Always challenge yourself even further and ask your teacher for extra past papers. I'm sure it will give you a booster. And last of all, tie your camel, meaning don't think success will just arrive at your doorstep, rather work hard to strive for that success
Wish you all the best for y11 GCSE and I hope you pass with flying colours
I currently study in Cambridge university
start making notes for certain topics to save time in year 11

- proper notes, that work for you, not ones given by teachers

Quick Reply

Latest