The Student Room Group

Armed police and barriers at UK Christmas markets

https://news.sky.com/story/armed-police-and-bollards-at-uk-christmas-markets-to-counter-terror-threat-11176978

I miss the days when we could enjoy Christmas markets without needing heavily armed police parading the area and big, ugly concrete barriers to prevent terrorists from ramming trucks into us...
Those days are long gone, we live in a dangerous world.

Just be glad that you have the police there to protect you.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Those days are long gone, we live in a dangerous world.

Just be glad that you have the police there to protect you.

Things will be better when we get the hell out of the EU and control our own borders, then we can enjoy living in a safer prosperous country.
Original post by Ambitious1999
Things will be better when we get the hell out of the EU and control our own borders, then we can enjoy living in a safer prosperous country.

Because there is obviously no such thing as a British terrorist... -.-
Reply 4

What a good joke, seriously can’t stop laughing at this! Controlling our own borders, that’s a good one, some people might genuinely believe that leaving the EU means shutting our borders but still being allowed to travel freely everywhere else! So glad you aren’t one of those people!!!!

🤦🏻*♀️😂
Original post by ruthflame57
What a good joke, seriously can’t stop laughing at this! Controlling our own borders, that’s a good one, some people might genuinely believe that leaving the EU means shutting our borders but still being allowed to travel freely everywhere else! So glad you aren’t one of those people!!!!

Yes shut the border if needed.

As for us being able to travel abroad on holiday, what’s the point these days it’s nothing but stress. You now have to be at the airport 2 hrs check inn before the flight leaves that’s bloody 4am for a 6am flight! Luggage Weight restrictions, then Virtually get undressed to go through security and stupid no liquids rule....It’s not worth it anymore, we have plenty here in Britain and a hell of a lot cheaper!
Reply 7
Yes shut the border if needed.

As for us being able to travel abroad on holiday, what’s the point these days it’s nothing but stress. You now have to be at the airport 2 hrs check inn before the flight leaves that’s bloody 4am for a 6am flight! Luggage Weight restrictions, then Virtually get undressed to go through security and stupid no liquids rule....It’s not worth it anymore, we have plenty here in Britain and a hell of a lot cheaper!

Oh dear. I can tell that you’re very cultured. I’m also not sure that you sensed my sarcasm.
Naturally they don't want any 'Trucks of Peace' spoiling the festivities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending