The Student Room Group

Engineering epq

hi,
Im in year 12 so need to make start on my eps and have a few ideas on engineering, I would like to do it on planes, sailing boats etc... Things more specific like aerodynamics, fluid dynamics (just examples). Please could i have some help on a title an question just to get me started :smile:
Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by finlayed
hi,
Im in year 12 so need to make start on my eps and have a few ideas on engineering, I would like to do it on planes, sailing boats etc... Things more specific like aerodynamics, fluid dynamics (just examples). Please could i have some help on a title an question just to get me started :smile:
Many thanks

you could do a kind of history, I know there was some type of paradox I think hydraulics paradox (paradoxes are really good to write about as there are so many arguments you can analyse and it's not as hard to view it with a new argument). I did a kind of physics-based EPQ and talked about the Fermi Paradox
Reply 2
hi,
Many thanks

or if you're talking about planes or boats you could go into a more specific area like a crash and discuss who was at faults and stuff.
Also, I think an artefact might be really good for an aspiring engineer, maybe consider building something like a model boat or plane or high altitude balloon or something
Reply 3
Original post by bruh2132
or if you're talking about planes or boats you could go into a more specific area like a crash and discuss who was at faults and stuff.
Also, I think an artefact might be really good for an aspiring engineer, maybe consider building something like a model boat or plane or high altitude balloon or something

Amazing Ideas! I especially like the idea of building me of those wasn’t sure if you allowed to do that. Would I still need a question as a title and write 5000 words?Thanks so much for your help

Reply 4

Amazing Ideas! I especially like the idea of building me of those wasn’t sure if you allowed to do that. Would I still need a question as a title and write 5000 words?Thanks so much for your help

Im not 100% sure about this but you still have to write about what you did and your process, you don't have to answer a question but you do have to analyse what you've done and your method, tbh I would look it up or ask your teacher but its definitely a good idea to build something

Edit: I do remember from a friend writing a novel, you don't have to write 5k words but I think its something like 2k
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest