The Student Room Group

His brother didn't invite me to his wedding?

I met my boyfriend almost 2 years ago.
I am 21 and he is 20 years older than me.

It is a long distance relationship as we live in different countries.

We meet almost every month and have such an awsome time.
I have tried to make a lot of effort with his brother over the phone but its hardly reciprocated. His brother sounds very uninterested in getting to know me.

My boyfriend said that his brother is a quiet and awkward person.

I really didn't mind but it feels bad putting effort in and not getting any back.

His brother is getting married next week and he knows how close me and my boyfriend are and we often talk about getting married.

but he has invited my boyfriend and not me.

am i over reacting as I have not actually met his brother physically or does effort over the phone suffice?

Thanks you
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

I have tried to make a lot of effort with his brother over the phone but its hardly reciprocated. His brother sounds very uninterested in getting to know me.

I really didn't mind but it feels bad putting effort in and not getting any back.

His brother is getting married next week and he knows how close me and my boyfriend are and we often talk about getting married.

am i over reacting as I have not actually met his brother physically or does effort over the phone suffice?

Thanks you
Just don't bother.

Also it could be worse. I have four sisters, and was only invited to one of their weddings, when I was a child. That's my own sisters, one wedding out of... four, five? I forget. But yeah.
Reply 2

Thanks you

Don't worry about it! Lots of factors could be involved in this e.g. he wants a small wedding with only close friends and family and he may feel he doesn't know you too well...

At my sisters engagement party we did the same with our cousins. The rule was if we hadn't seen them in the past 6 months then they were not coming.

Thanks you

Overreacting.

The brother may not like you. You are daying the bf and not his brother.
Not may he take your relationship seriously.
He may have assumed you wouldnt be interested .
Its his wedding and not yours.
He may also not like other people. So you arent the only one left off.
The correct person t speak to and get you invited is the brother and go as a +1.

How many times do you go to his country?
The age gap is very large. I would exercise caution as you sound young and inexperienced. be very careful and realistic.

You are overreacting.

Thanks you

Have you asked your boyfriend why his brother doesn't take an interest in you? Surely there's got to be a reason. The sooner you find out, the better.
Reply 5
I had a small wedding and I couldn't invite every friend or family members partners due to keeping numbers under 40 so only invited partners we knew well or if they ever serious partners eg married or engaged.

I wouldn't automatically assume that it means he doesn't like you or anything like that, though I know it can be hard not to take things to heart sometimes but if you rarely see his brother and aren't a spouse or engaged, this sort of thing is pretty common, especially if you have never met them before. I wouldn't invite someone I had never met to an important day like my wedding tbh.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
20 years older than youu......raaaaahh🙊🙊
Reply 7
Its probably just a family and friends thing, alas you dont seem to count as either. Ignore it its nothing personal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending