Choosing 5 unis and getting offers- how exactly does it work?

Watch
Yucares
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I choose 5 courses, then I get offers and then what? When do I choose firm and insurance choice? After I choose them the other 3 unis don't count?
I'm not sure about my predicted grades. I wanted to choose Sheffield or MMU as my firm choice but I don't know what about the insurance one.
If there are only 2 courses I can choose then the insurance should be something with lower requirements, right? So choosing two unis with AAA would be just stupid if then I would get ABB. Would I still be able to get to one of the 5 that I chose before?
I'm an international student and I'm not sure how it all works.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yucares)
I choose 5 courses, then I get offers and then what? When do I choose firm and insurance choice? After I choose them the other 3 unis don't count?
I'm not sure about my predicted grades. I wanted to choose Sheffield or MMU as my firm choice but I don't know what about the insurance one.
If there are only 2 courses I can choose then the insurance should be something with lower requirements, right? So choosing two unis with AAA would be just stupid if then I would get ABB. Would I still be able to get to one of the 5 that I chose before?
I'm an international student and I'm not sure how it all works.
i suggest you begin with the FAQ stickied at the top of the forum; all your questions are answered in the FAQ or in resources that the FAQ links to.

You will have to wait and see what offers you have before deciding on your firm and insurance, and it is certainly not wise to choose them without visiting. I appreciate that might be an issue if you are an international applicant, but choosing 'sight unseen' increases considerably the risk of getting it wrong - which will cost you a lot more than an air fare and a few nights in a hotel.

Once you have chosen your firm and insurance, any other offers you had are cancelled. That's why it's important to choose with care.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.49%
No - I have already returned home (21)
12.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25%

Watched Threads