The Student Room Group

Masters in Education

I am studying Primary Education with QTS in London and am hoping to graduate with a 2:1, I want to do a masters and am looking for recommendations or advice as all I can find seem to be for secondary or PCGE. I am willing to study in Republic of Ireland, Scotland and England.
Thanks
Original post by zoeaoife
I am studying Primary Education with QTS in London and am hoping to graduate with a 2:1, I want to do a masters and am looking for recommendations or advice as all I can find seem to be for secondary or PCGE. I am willing to study in Republic of Ireland, Scotland and England.
Thanks
https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=ma+education&filters=Destination_Postgraduate&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&AutoSuggestType=&SearchType=searchbarbutton

This might be a good starting point (particularly the first course). There'll be plenty of others around too (pretty sure Cambridge do one but not sure if you're after that sort of thing.:redface:

Otherwise I think it's simply a case of looking at each uni website and seeing if they offer it. Although lots and lots of unis will offer a PGCE, far less will offer a BA in Education. Those offering BA in Education are the most likely to offer the MA.:wink:
Original post by zoeaoife
Thanks

Hi Zoeaoife,

It is possible to study an Education MA. Some universities will also offer this as an interdisciplinary MA where you can combine it with another area.

I study a Disability Studies MA at Hope which is under the faculty of Education. If you have any questions at all feel free to give me a shout I can always ask a member of the faculty.

Hope this helps
Ruth
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi Zoeaoife,

It is possible to study an Education MA. Some universities will also offer this as an interdisciplinary MA where you can combine it with another area.

I study a Disability Studies MA at Hope which is under the faculty of Education. If you have any questions at all feel free to give me a shout I can always ask a member of the faculty.

Hope this helps
Ruth
Disability Studies sounds interesting I must say.:beard: What kind of stuff does that involve out of interest?:curious:
Original post by 04MR17
Disability Studies sounds interesting I must say.:beard: What kind of stuff does that involve out of interest?:curious:

It is really interesting I'm really enjoying the course :thumbsup:.

It considers how disability is socially constructed and challenges the dominant discourse of disability. My current assignment looks at different theories such as; normalcy, gaze theory, stigma theory and queer theory in disability studies.
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
It is really interesting I'm really enjoying the course :thumbsup:.

It considers how disability is socially constructed and challenges the dominant discourse of disability. My current assignment looks at different theories such as; normalcy, gaze theory, stigma theory and queer theory in disability studies.
Very interesting.:beard: Feel free to drop by the disabled students forum if you ever want a chat about any of this stuff. As a disabled student interested in education, it sounds like an incredibly exciting topic.:gah:
Original post by 04MR17
Very interesting.:beard: Feel free to drop by the disabled students forum if you ever want a chat about any of this stuff. As a disabled student interested in education, it sounds like an incredibly exciting topic.:gah:

That's great thank you I will definitely check this out :h:

I was thinking about creating a new thread about Special Educational Needs or Disability Studies courses. Would be great to see if this is an area people are interested in studying or wanting to know more about.
MA Educational Leadership

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending