The Student Room Group

HELP - Should I got to this Uni interview or not?!

Basically, I have applied for two universities because I want to be close to home. It’s been a week since my application was sent in, not heard anything from my first choice (UWE) but my second choice (Bath) have offered me an interview in January. The thing is - I don’t know if I want to go to Bath but don’t know if I should go to the interview anyway. It sounds pretty tough, it’s a social work degree and I have been sent a 12 page document on unaccompanied asylum seeing refugees to read and whilst I’m at the uni I’ll have an hour to right an essay type thing on it!! I don’t even know what asylum seeking refugees are!! 😶

Scroll to see replies

did you only apply to 2 unis?
Original post by Harriet2017
Basically, I have applied for two universities because I want to be close to home. It’s been a week since my application was sent in, not heard anything from my first choice (UWE) but my second choice (Bath) have offered me an interview in January. The thing is - I don’t know if I want to go to Bath but don’t know if I should go to the interview anyway. It sounds pretty tough, it’s a social work degree and I have been sent a 12 page document on unaccompanied asylum seeing refugees to read and whilst I’m at the uni I’ll have an hour to right an essay type thing on it!! I don’t even know what asylum seeking refugees are!! 😶

What do you have to lose? Just go it will be experience for you if you don't get it. Please do you're research in relation to your subject area that you are passionate about studying so that you are knowledgeable upon who asylum seeking refugees are and what a social worker assist them with etc.

Fight until you become it. You got this!

All the best! 😃
Is it the social work and applied social studies one?
Reply 4
Original post by Bill Nye
did you only apply to 2 unis?

Yes
Reply 5
Original post by MiszShortee786
What do you have to lose? Just go it will be experience for you if you don't get it. Please do you're research in relation to your subject area that you are passionate about studying so that you are knowledgeable upon who asylum seeking refugees are and what a social worker assist them with etc.

Fight until you become it. You got this!

All the best! 😃

Thank you for the positivity! I think I’ll regret it if I don’t go for it! 🙂
Reply 6
Is it the social work and applied social studies one?

Yeah! Have you applied too?
Thank you for the positivity! I think I’ll regret it if I don’t go for it! 🙂

You're welcome, no need to thank me! 😃. Hoping you all the very best in you're future studies!

Enjoy and please do keep us updated! 😁. Thank you.

He's 13 years old(@BillNye) I'm not stalking you it was in one of your AMA. 😛

Nah, sorry :P

I think you should go. You lose nothing by not going, and if you don't go you will probably regret it.

Can I guess you live in bath or Bristol?

Just wondering because there are quite a few others close - especially if you live in Bristol, I mean a lot of ones in Wales are only over an hour drive away.
Original post by MiszShortee786
He's 13 years old(@BillNye) I'm not stalking you it was in one of your AMA. 😛

Phew... :P
Nah, sorry :P

I think you should go. You lose nothing by not going, and if you don't go you will probably regret it.

Can I guess you live in bath or Bristol?

Just wondering because there are quite a few others close - especially if you live in Bristol, I mean a lot of ones in Wales are only over an hour drive away.

Oh - I wondered how you knew the exact course title?!

No I live in Somerset! Did think about commuting but seems to much hassle . . .
Phew... :P

What’s AMA - I’m new to Student room?!
Oh - I wondered how you knew the exact course title?!

No I live in Somerset! Did think about commuting but seems to much hassle . . .

I searched for social work courses on the uni of bath's website :smile:

ask me anything

Ask me anything(AMA). 😁

Read the doc and do the research on anything you don't understand, go check out the uni and write the essay, you literally have nothing to lose but it's better have options. fyi you will absolutely get into uwe, they are incredibly easy to get an offer from, I got one with one as level so don't panic.
(edited 6 years ago)
Oooooh!
Original post by pumpkinpandy
Read the doc and do the research on anything you don't understand, go check out the uni and write the essay, you literally have nothing to lose but it's better have options. fyi you will absolutely get into use, they are incredibly easy to get an offer from, I got one with one as level so don't panic.

Ok thanks! Oh really? What are you studying? I’m heard my course is pretty competitive 🤨
I didn't accept the offer from uwe, I got one from university of Kent for bsc anthropology so I'm in Canterbury now! A course being competitive just means it has lots of applicants, loads of them won't actually get through the stages, you're already at interview so have some confidence girl. If you need help with with the doc, upload it if you can and I'm sure loads of people will give you pointers I just think it's better to explore the options, especially since bath is a 15 mins train ride from Bristol and generally a nice place. .

Quick Reply

Latest