The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Maintenance loan

Hi
I got £3,800 for maintenance loan, my mother who is supposed to support my application has been away from UK since last year because my dad passed away.
Could you please advise me on what to do to increase my maintenance loan as I have no other means of any finance for my maintenance.
Please advise me on what to do
Amiyu01
Original post by amiyu01
Hi
I got £3,800 for maintenance loan, my mother who is supposed to support my application has been away from UK since last year because my dad passed away.
Could you please advise me on what to do to increase my maintenance loan as I have no other means of any finance for my maintenance.
Amiyu01

Your mum would need to provide details of her income (there's no rule that she has to live in the UK to provide details of her income) and also proof that she is now unmarried.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Original post by amiyu01
Hi
Amiyu01

Hi,

Sorry for your loss. You may want to contact student finance for a re-calculation. If you are living independently of your parents you may be eligible to have their income removed from your calculation.

If you are living with a relative the ceiling is £7,097 whereas if you are living away from home outside London the ceiling is
£8,430.

Hope that helps

J
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Your mum would need to provide details of her income (there's no rule that she has to live in the UK to provide details of her income) and also proof that she is now unmarried.

Thanks for your help but she was not working there so she has no income details and she and my father never married
Original post by amiyu01
Thanks for your help but she was not working there so she has no income details and she and my father never married

Then she would need to provide that information to SFE so that they can assess her household income.

If she doesn't send any information SFE will assume that she's on a very high income.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Then she would need to provide that information to SFE so that they can assess her household income.

If she doesn't send any information SFE will assume that she's on a very high income.

Hi
What you mean by income is it by tax clearance of the country she was?
Original post by amiyu01
Hi
What you mean by income is it by tax clearance of the country she was?

The money she was living on in the country she was living in.

It doesn't matter whether she paid tax or not - SFE ask for your parents to give their household income.
Reply 7
Original post by amiyu01
Hi
Amiyu01

You might also want to look at applying for grants/bursaries from your uni.

Quick Reply