millmore
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I have temporarily withdrew from my studies for a while, while I sort out my mental health issues and get myself together.

I've contacted SFE via telephone and the lady on the telephone said I'm eligible for 60 days worth of funding I was just wondering if this sounds right? Also she said thr university needs to send out a suspension notice, will I have to contact them to do so? Or will they have done that by helping me withdraw previously?
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by millmore)
Hi,

I have temporarily withdrew from my studies for a while, while I sort out my mental health issues and get myself together.

I've contacted SFE via telephone and the lady on the telephone said I'm eligible for 60 days worth of funding I was just wondering if this sounds right? Also she said thr university needs to send out a suspension notice, will I have to contact them to do so? Or will they have done that by helping me withdraw previously?
Hi millmore,

Firstly, sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. Hopefully you will be able to return to your studies soon.

Secondly, I think it's worth clearing up the terminology we're going to use regarding the process you're going through. We don't have a 'temporary withdrawal'. Students either withdraw (meaning they have left Higher Education with no intention to return) or suspend (meaning they will return to their studies at some agreed future date).

If you are looking to suspend your studies then yes, you should contact your university to discuss this with them. They will send us a suspension notification and we will reassess your funding.

Usually the support will stop from the day the university tells us that you suspended your studies. If they tell us that the suspension is due to health reasons your entitlement will be extended by 60 days after the date you suspended your studies

If you withdraw you are not able to apply for the 60 day extension as you have left Higher Education and will not be returning to study.

Regards,

Stuart
millmore
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Stuart SFE)
Hi millmore,

Firstly, sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. Hopefully you will be able to return to your studies soon.

Secondly, I think it's worth clearing up the terminology we're going to use regarding the process you're going through. We don't have a 'temporary withdrawal'. Students either withdraw (meaning they have left Higher Education with no intention to return) or suspend (meaning they will return to their studies at some agreed future date).

If you are looking to suspend your studies then yes, you should contact your university to discuss this with them. They will send us a suspension notification and we will reassess your funding.

Usually the support will stop from the day the university tells us that you suspended your studies. If they tell us that the suspension is due to health reasons your entitlement will be extended by 60 days after the date you suspended your studies

If you withdraw you are not able to apply for the 60 day extension as you have left Higher Education and will not be returning to study.

Regards,

Stuart
Yes that is what I meant sorry, I have suspended my studies.

Would I need to provide a doctor's note for mental health reasons for leaving?
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by millmore)
Yes that is what I meant sorry, I have suspended my studies.

Would I need to provide a doctor's note for mental health reasons for leaving?
Hi millmore,

If your university tells us the suspension is due to health reasons then we don't need any evidence from you. You might need to have a chat with them about what evidence they may require to allow them to do this. The whole process is much easier for you when the university say it's due to health reasons, so I would urge you to have that chat with them.

If your university do not notify us in the suspension you can send us evidence which will then be reviewed in order to see if the extra funding can be put in place.

We would need to see evidence of the reasons for the suspension, length of suspension and any financial hardship.

Regards,

Stuart
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.36%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads