can you apply for a uni on results day if you have subbmitted a ucs form that year Watch

marshmellow:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
can you apply for a uni on results day through clearing if you haven't subbmitted a ucas form that year. (sorry for the typo's in the title)
cameelol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe your current form expires on the 16 th of January if you don’t submit it
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by marshmellow:))
can you apply for a uni on results day through clearing if you haven't subbmitted a ucas form that year. (sorry for the typo's in the title)
Yes, but you will generally still need to complete a UCAS application so it makes sense to start sooner rather than later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cameelol)
I believe your current form expires on the 16 th of January if you don’t submit it
Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Yes, but you will generally still need to complete a UCAS application so it makes sense to start sooner rather than later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
so you do need to submit a ucas application before january 15th?
MKaur18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You have to submit one before jan 15th, to be able to apply through clearing.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so you do need to submit a ucas application before january 15th?
(Original post by MKaur18)
You have to submit one before jan 15th, to be able to apply through clearing.
No, the 15th Jan deadline doesn't apply in this case.
MKaur18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's the first time I've ever heard that it doesn't apply.

OP, to be safe I'd call up UCAS and check
Rep:
?
so any random uk citizen that fufills the A level requirements for a uk university can ring up a university that has clearing courses on A level results day and get a place
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so any random uk citizen that fufills the A level requirements for a uk university can ring up a university that has clearing courses on A level results day and get a place
Yes.

But they will generally need a completed UCAS application too, with a personal statement and a reference, etc.

In theory the application can be done on the day (but your referee is unlikely to be happy about that...). So that's why you should at least create an application in advance.

Also why leave everything until Results Day? You get much less choice during Clearing and in many cases no guarantee of accommodation either.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MKaur18)
That's the first time I've ever heard that it doesn't apply.

OP, to be safe I'd call up UCAS and check
The 15th January is for "equal consideration". That doesn't apply to Clearing.

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/gettin...tion-deadlines

Deadlines for UCAS Undergraduate applications

The dates vary between courses and course providers.

15 October 2017
Applications for Oxford, Cambridge or most courses in medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine/science should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time). The reference needs to be completed before the application can be sent to us.

15 January 2018
Applications for the majority of undergraduate courses should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time) on this day (check course details in our search tool for the correct deadline). The reference needs to be completed before the application can be sent to us.

25 February 2018
Extra starts for eligible applicants.

24 March 2018
Some art and design courses have a 24 March deadline; applications should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time). (Others have a 15 January deadline – check course details in our search tool to confirm the correct deadline.) The reference needs to be completed before the application can be sent to us.

30 June 2018
If an application is sent to us by 18:00 (UK time) on this day, we’ll send it to the chosen universities or colleges. Applications received after this date will automatically be entered into Clearing.

4 July 2018
Last date for applicants to add an Extra choice.

31 August 2018
The deadline for any remaining conditions to be met – otherwise the university or college might not accept the applicant – this day also marks the end of Adjustment.

20 September 2018
The final deadline for applications to 2017 courses. Applications must arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time).

23 October 2018
The deadline for adding Clearing choices, and for universities or colleges to accept applicants in Clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads