Mckailer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I've decided that I want to take Japanese GCSE, and I am currently and almost finished learning the hiragana, but don't know if next, I should go on to learn kanji or katakana.
Also any tips or good books and website recommendations would be hugely appreciated. Thank you
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mckailer)
So I've decided that I want to take Japanese GCSE, and I am currently and almost finished learning the hiragana, but don't know if next, I should go on to learn kanji or katakana.
Also any tips or good books and website recommendations would be hugely appreciated. Thank you
You should learn katakana as it's much easier given it's phonetic and a smaller set. There are a couple hundred of kanji you'll need for GCSE Japanese. I learnt them in two ways
One, by using SRS. Specifically, I used a memrise course. There are quite a few just google "memrise katakana" or alternatively you can use physical flashcards in different stacks or anki.

Two, by using a katakana chart. And basically printing out a blank one or drawing boxes and filling it in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (211)
74.56%
No (72)
25.44%

Watched Threads