YEH i have my job sorted when i turn 16 Watch

This discussion is closed.
braders89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hey,
I do a paperound at a local newsagents, (doing it for 2 years)
so i know the bloke that runs it,

and now he has trained me up at 15.

And so i can go behind the till in the mornings when i do my round and put the magazines in papers,

when i'm 16 he has almost gauranteed me a job for £4 and hour,

McDonalds is £4.50 but that is on the go, the shop is quiet and everyone comes in at the same time and then you have 20 minutes of sitting and reading the papers!

How does this compare with other jobs that you can get when your 15, or 16 ?
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
i get £5.60 (am 18). some days theres 2-3 hours work in a shift (8 hours) other days there aint much time 4 breaks.
braders89
Rep:
?
(Original post by andrew2022)
i get £5.60 (am 18). some days theres 2-3 hours work in a shift (8 hours) other days there aint much time 4 breaks.
yeh but your 18 ent ya, so £4 at 15 is ok
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by braders89)
yeh but your 18 ent ya, so £4 at 15 is ok
itz beta than nowt
braders89
Rep:
?
(Original post by andrew2022)
itz beta than nowt
yep,
my bro gets £3.75 for working in clarks , and he is 18. but he also works in Yorkshire bank for £5.sumit,
so yeh ts better than nowt
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yep,
my bro gets £3.75 for working in clarks , and he is 18. but he also works in Yorkshire bank for £5.sumit,
so yeh ts better than nowt
£4p/h at 15 is good. When I was 15, I used to get £3.75 (working at a Kumon study centre) but my friend who used to work in Clarks used to get £2.50!!!
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
yep,
my bro gets £3.75 for working in clarks , and he is 18.
minimum wage is £3.80 altho av been told itz goin up 2 £4.10
braders89
Rep:
?
(Original post by sneezyme)
£4p/h at 15 is good. When I was 15, I used to get £3.75 (working at a Kumon study centre) but my friend who used to work in Clarks used to get £2.50!!!
yeh,
clarks wages suck, but when he got transfrered to shefflied cuz he is going uni he landed with a job at Rivel in Medow Hall.!
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You could probably get better pay somewhere else (e.g. I was paid £4.95 per hour at Marks & Spencer when I was 17 and the 16 year olds were paid the same) but equally you could be earning lots less! You'd also probably have to work a bit harder for the money, so from your description of your job £4 per hour is pretty good
Jenn xx
braders89
Rep:
?
(Original post by JennLlama)
You could probably get better pay somewhere else (e.g. I was paid £4.95 per hour at Marks & Spencer when I was 17 and the 16 year olds were paid the same) but equally you could be earning lots less! You'd also probably have to work a bit harder for the money, so from your description of your job £4 per hour is pretty good
Jenn xx
and i know most of the rounds if i start in the mornings, seeing that i mark up most of them and i know some of the people that have pre paid and can just walk in and grab a paper and i have just been trained for their system, so it will be easier, i cant jump straight in on my 16th birthday, no CV to hand out to loadz of shops etc
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (39)
27.66%
No - I got the required grades (84)
59.57%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.77%

Watched Threads